Update Day 21

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I am on day 21 of 20mg of Fluoxetine. I was on 10mg for 11 days before that. I wanted to write an update and see if anyone further along in the journey could give me some input. Last week I felt like my normal self again for the first time in 7 months. I was able to do things I haven’t been able to do this whole time. I have severe anxiety, panic attacks and depression from the anxiety. After those 4 days of feeling completely normal, I went back to being panicky again for no reason. I’m finding I fall asleep well at night but wake a few times to my heart pounding, however I’m able to fall back asleep. Mornings are tough as my anxiety is high and I feel panicky. I feel like I try to control it the first half of the day and then by lunch through till night I feel chill and happy. Does this sound like it’s agreeing with me or should I be seeing different results by now? I definitely went backwards when starting it with increased anxiety from how I was before I went on it, but I expected that would happen so have just been pushing through.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot to say, I feel like I swing from feeling like I’ve got control over the anxiety to feeling waves of panic in the space of hours. Is that normal? And also feeling so tired for hours after I take it in the morning and sometimes napping cause I can’t stay awake.
  • Posted

Hi Rylee-I would say this is normal.   Still early days for you.  Hang with it.   It's a great Med.   I always took mine before bed because of the sleepiness.   I would suggest a low dose Benzo like ativan, Xanax, or Klonopin to get you thru the anxiety moments.   That always worked for me.

Best of Luck!   It will only get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.