Update no progres

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi I havent written for couple of weeks, I'm six weeks in Tkr today. At three weeks I felt good and then four to five a pain came down the leg at side of knee and couldn't put my foot down, this lasted over a week and was very depressing, I couldn't  do my Physio as good as I should but two days ago a miracle happened and the pain had gone,  now physio yesterday I measured 100 bend but the straight part not good at seven.  I saw my consultant at the hospital this morning and he was concerned about the pain i had and did an x ray in case it was a stress fracture but thankfully it wasn't. He said it is a big operation and  it can take up to a year to get full strength,  I took my dog for fifteen minute walk today without my stick and feel fine,  now resting. If you do something remember to rest afterwards, I still take naproxen and co codamol daily.  My husband desperate to take me away but I will know one day when I feel better and I will take him up on his offer,  I hope everyone continues to mend,  jackie 

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hope you soon feel well enough to take that trip!  But I agree with yu . . no point until you feel up to it and nowhere like your own home while you are still struggling!  glad the pain has gone . . but don't be too depressed if another one appears!  that seems to be the way it happens all the time!
  • Posted

These trials and tribulations of TKR can be horrendous.  Taking your time and resting in between exercising is best if you can do that.  Pain comes and goes and its the pain that makes us so worried that we think we are going backwards instead of progressing.  We can't hurry the recovery for this op, your body tells you when you can do that extra bit but again rest is important.   I hope you get your holiday soon.  

Take care everyone...no pain, no meds,.just starting to live life as it should be at 15 weeks  PO tomorrow.  Just can't sleep yet!

• Posted

That's brilliant Jackie. I've cancelled all my plans until I'm ready. I have further surgery next month to straighten my leg but hoping to manage a weekend away in London with my mum prior to then. I agree that's there no point in doing anything until you feel up to it xx
  • Posted

Slowly, slowly. At six Weeks I started driving & did too much. Soon realised I still. Needed lots of rest as well as exercises. I also have had that pain on the side of my leg. It occasionally comes back still.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.