Update On Gallbladder Removal

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone 

I went into hospital on Saturday to have my gallbladder removed. 

I was scared stiff but all the staff put you at ease and your so busy

thinking of the answers to all the questions they ask you  that before 

you know it your being taken to theatre.     I went down at around  10.30am ,   it took about 1h and I was in recovery for 2hours.

When I came round  the only pain I had was from  the gas they 

pump into  you.     I started getting pain a little later and  was soon  given

some morphine.    I had a gallbladder full of stones  and  it was swollen 

and inflamed.     I was kept in overnight due to my other health problems. I'm home now feeling  swollen,  bloated and full of gas.

The burning rib pain is gone! !    I have 4 scars and  was told to change the dressings  on Tuesday and  Thursday and then leave them off.

All in all  it wasn't so bad as I imagined.  Just praying now that this bloating and scar pain goes then I'll be glad I did it.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very similar to my experience. So glad your ok .. Take it easy x it's day 6 for me ..all good I think. Stitches and surrounding are still pretty sore. Hope this is normal. The one above tummy button is worse! Don't know why.

• Posted

Hi Louise

The tummy button   one is my worst.  It's  when I try to get up from bed  ,

I have to be careful  getting up from sitting .      The  nurse did tell me  after I've been 

sitting   and relaxing for an hour  to  get up  and roll my shoulders  and have a little 

walk round the house,   it helps to disperse the gas.

Keep me  posted on your recovery.  I've got some lovely big bruises coming  ! 

• Posted

Hi Linda good to hear all went well. It gives me hope that you had keyhole I imagine as I too have a gallbladder full of stones. Keep well and keep,us posted of your post op progress x
    • Posted

Hi fran

Yes it was keyhole.   Makes me think ,   I had a gallbladder  full of stones 

and it was swollen and inflamed, I'm glad it's gone  so it can't  burst !

• Posted

Yeesssss! Well done you. Best wishes for a quick and pain free recovery. biggrin
    • Posted

Thanks  John

Got some pain  but hopefully it will soon  ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.