Update on my GERD!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone I posted before here when I got diagnosed with GERD I'm 17!!! At first I had a hard time with it but I must say I'm doing really well Idk if anyone has the lump sensation but I did and it's a lot better I forget about it quite often just stay busy with life and it'll get better hope I give some hope!!!

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaleb

Great that you are getting sorted

What have you been doing to get to this point ?

• Posted

I had a lot of anxiety with the lump in my throat and it was tough but I fought through it and I take Zoloft to help with my anxiety!!! And I mainly focus my attention else where try to stay around people who distract me and I must say its working really well!!! Every once in a while the lump gets worse but I ignore it and I forget about it I know it's sounds impossible but it works!!! Hope you find relief

• Posted

How did you get rid of your lump in throat? I don't have GERD but I have LPR or silent reflex or so I think I do. I got a upper endo that only showed hiatal hernia and then a ent did a scope that showed my throat was inflammed so I have been on Omoprazole for 1 month with no change in the lump in throat sensation. Help!

• Posted

Hey!!! I know the lump in your throat is awful and when it first started I thought my life was changed forever and I had anxiety attacks badly!!! But I fought it everyday all day and then one day I was reading on here about this exercise so I did it. So you lift your head up and lean it side to side make sure your neck is stretching And do it everyday all day as much as you want and need too. And keep distracted i told myself it's all in my head and I'm doing well it isn't completely normal but it's very bearable I hope this helps let me know

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.