Update on my journey with anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone, it’s been a while since I have posted on here, but I just wanted to give an update on my journey with anxiety. It’s been six months since I fell apart with anxiety and depression and since I started citalopram and having therapy, I’m happy to say I’m feeling like myself again. My social anxiety is loads better, there was a time where I couldn’t even leave the house or be alone, I was constantly having heart palpitations and physically felt awful. I have had bad days along the way, and still, not everyday is perfect, but I just try and keep going. I’m seeing the light at the end of a very long tunnel. Anxiety has been the strangest and most soul destroying thing I have had to go through and there was a time I thought I would never have my life back. But I’m starting to feel free. For everyone on this forum going through it, or starting medication, I just want you to know it does get better even if it doesn’t feel like it ever will.  It’s normal to have bad days, but it helps when you’re in a better position to be equipped in dealing with them. Take what you’re going through day by day, don’t look too far ahead into your recovery. Keep pushing yourself slowly, bit by bit and do the things you used to enjoy and love. This forum helped me on some of my darkest days and I thank everyone who took the time to reply to my posts and offer me advice and reassurance when I needed it 💛 there are some wonderful people on here! I hope everyone finds peace on their journey xx

11 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Refreshing to see an upbeat post like this! It really is true, the anxiety will probably always come and go and you'll have bad days and good days, but it won't last forever. And you can def get back to your normal self with a lot of effort and focus! =)

• Posted

Thank you Philly, yes, it’s very easy to forget the good days when you have a bad day, but the good end up outweighing the bad ☺️
  • Posted

Hi, 

It's great to hear you're feeling better! It's nice to hear a positive story here. Have you also thought about doing maybe yoga or meditation classes? smile That could also help. 

Hope you continue to improve, 

Best wishes,

Jonathan 

• Posted

Hi there!

Thank you ?? yes, I actually have the headspace app for meditation which I really like! Not the biggest fan of yoga, I find more energetic forms of exercise make me feel better. I think I need to do some meditation and exercise today actually! 😉

• Posted

So happy for you i wish i could feel better my anxiety kills me 😞😞

• Posted

Thank you Dalonte, I’m sorry to hear you are having a tough time with anxiety, how long have you been dealing with anxiety and have you been on any medication previously to help with it? 
  • Posted

Since i was 16 im 23 now but it went away for a few years an came back out of the blue for no reason in april i get the chest pains every single day my arms ache an tingle my head feels pressure my body just isnt the same anymore it feels very weird an yes i had xanax clonazapam gabapentin ativan an atarax an risperdone for it but nothing worked for me im just suffering everyday and i cant take the random pains out of nowhere pains
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that, I experienced everything that you mentioned above, I do sympathise with you, anxiety is horrible. From what I’ve heard, for some people it can take a while to find a drug that works for you, and from my own experience it takes a number of months to feel positive changes. Have you spoken to your doctor recently? Hopefully they can advise you further on what you can do next.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.