Update On my Reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is an update on my condition-   I appreciate any suggestion or comment you may have. 

For those that don't know me I have Mild reflux/gastritis - Mild reflux on my esophagus and throat-  I have no heartburn and when I lay back 90% of symptoms are gone.  When I talk, walk, jog and the worse when I eat anything (from the first bite) I have pressure on the breast bone chest area and throat and lack of air.  Sometimes I get rib-cage pain as well. As for the chest problem is basically all day long, starts easy and progress during the day and goes away again when I'm laying back watching TV or sleeping. I had just about every test they can do ( 2 GI's and ENT) and all they found was mild reflux/gastritis.  Tried all PPI's and H2 Blockers with negative results so I'm now on Dexilant 60mg on my 5th day. 

My Bravo PH shows I have normal acid levels but I do have mild reflux on my esophagus. 

Just recently I had the SIBO breathe test and came out positive on but I do not have diarrhea. Gi put me on Xifaxan 550 for 2 weeks 3 times daily. Waiting on approval from insurance. He said my symptoms does not go with the SIBO report but I do have the bacteria. 

Not sure why I need the Dexilant but he told me is the same medication for high or normal acid levels because I have reflux and less sure why this new medication (Xifaxan) and how this will help the problem with reflux on my throat and esophagus. I did have a Barium swallow which shows mild reflux and is to my understanding this test only shows reflux created by acid. 

Any comment or suggestion is appreciated. ;-)

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have severe reflux, do you also get constant weakness and dizziness all day everyday
    • Posted

When my anxiety was high I was dizzy 24/7 for a few months.  Now I feel light headed a couple of hours daily and weakness all day long. Biofeedback helped with the dizziness.
    • Posted

If you suffer from anxiety it could cause all the symptoms you mentioned because if the stress your body goes thru.
    • Posted

Yes, but my symptoms are not anxiety related-  I take medication for anxiety and it does nothing for the problem but it does put me to sleep without helping the symptoms.  Actually, my psychiatrist said is not anxiety related and so does my GI- They think is my reflux and food does aggravate the symptoms.
    • Posted

Actually, my primary said my blood pressure is slightly low becaue of the anxiety pill which makes me relax to much. Pulse rate low all day long. I do not feal any fear nor do I think I'm going to die. I'm retired and have everything I need with no added stress.  Life is beautiful besides this chest pressure and Rib-pain.  Yes, anxiety could make the symptoms worse but is not the main reason in my case.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.