Updated news on knee!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Back to orthopedic office today. Saw the P.A.

Concur's about total knee replacement, but wants to do another scope surgery and scrap the knee and bone for removal of arthritis. Finally someone who cares about helping me, not placing me on pills.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Why Surgery twice?  It can all be done at the same time. Part of a total knee replacement is cleaning up the tibia and femur for new implant. Needless expense, pain and suffering.
    • Posted

Totally agree with you, but at least this dr is willing to help me right now. All the others just wanted to put me on pain pills. All the doctors said there was another meniscus tear, but not one of them wanted to touch it. Today, since the inside of the left knee is wear I'm having the chronic pain. Thus, the meniscus tear, fix it and try to get me back to a normal life.
  • Posted

I am happy for you getting help.  Yikes, I just feel for you having to go through knee surgery twice.  Good Luck. 
  • Posted

Oh Paula,

We're all cheering for you. You can now look forward to running thru the green grass of summer smile

Trudi D

• Posted

As long as mri show meniscus tear....then a cleaning might help.......but maybe in the future you might kneed TKR

Good luck!!!!

Did my total knee...Jan. ..doing better now

• Posted

Thanks, this will be number 7 arthroscopic and arthritis scape for me. But I was also informed that tkr, would be down the road.
    • Posted

My options this time were scoping (might not help), partial knee (might last five years) or go for the total and be done with it. It was my choice.

The stories I am hearing here make me feel very very fortunate to live where I do.

• Posted

Hi Paula, so glad you are getting some treatment at last. I know what you mean

about permanently on tablets. I have been on painkillers for two years and this

worries me. I have had one athroscopy, a partial knee replacement and

I am now waiting for another athroscopy, all on the same knee. I have

just been waiting and waiting. Every different procedure requires a

long waiting time, as on NHS. My life is at a standstill. I still am on crutches

and I worry about the impact on my body with the constant use of

painkillers. The end result could possibly be a full knee replacement, which will

be more waiting. My life is on hold and at 60 it seems my life is wasting

away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.