Upped to 30mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

This has got to be the worst I’ve been with my anxiety and depression.

I was put onto citalopram 8 weeks ago and then upped to 30mg . I’ve noticed no improvement in my health, I’m having 4 hours sleep a night and worrying about returning to a job I hate in a few weeks even though I don’t feel better and due to their lack of care . How long will I feel like this? At the moment there seems no light at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there I understand what you are saying. Some medication can take up to 8 weeks to start working. However in your case it seems like your medication is not working the way it should. I would let your doctor know what is going on. Maybe they can give you something different that will work for you. Take one day at a time. One minute at a time.
  • Posted

Emma I agree with Gary - it looks like the citalopram isn’t doing what it needs to do for you. I think you should get an appointment with your GP or Psychiatrist ASAP, you should not still be suffering this level of anxiety on medication. 💟

• Posted

im on citrapram have been for a while,it was the anxierty part that really got to me so in the end i started on proponol 10 mg twice a day and wow what a help it was,i could finaly relax abit phsicaly and mentaly,i havent taken the proponol since christmas as i feel i dont need them any more,i was on them for about 6 months,maybe you could ask your doc about them
  • Posted

Hi if you haven't got to return to work for a few weeks then try and stop worrying too much about it.  A lot can happen in that time and for all you know you could be feeling a whole lot better.  If you aren't then your doctor could maybe arrange for more sick leave.  

Just concentrate on the here and now as that is enough to deal with at the moment.  x

• Posted

Hi Emma, when I took citalopram it took 3 months to start working. So don't worry, it will work smile xxx

• Posted

If it hasn't worked after 3 months, you could changed to a different type of antidepressant maybe x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.