Upper Arm Exhaustion and just plain tired

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this feeling, knows what it is and can guide me in the right direction.

Ok, what is the opposite of an adrenaline rush? When I go up stairs, I get a feeling of major hot exhaustion in my upper arms and all I want to do is lay down and sleep. About 5 years ago (age 45) I was getting tiredness and would take a nap lasting 3 hours..no quick catnap for me. Some days I get up at 8 or 9 and I'm back down at noonish to take a 3 hour nap. I sleep ok at night as far as I know. This feeling in my upper arms is new. The doctor I have now is the first who is doing some testing..blood work etc. My thyroid seemed a bit low..he's doing a follow up blood draw. All other blood work was normal. I am on blood pressure pills because of a racing heart issue 4 years ago. They tried an ablation that did not work so pills from now on it is. I'm not on any vitamins..maybe it's low iron?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi elizabeth25

It sounds as if you may have low B12 which can make you extremely tired and exhausted if very low, also low iron levels as you have mentioned. Just wait for your blood results to come back, i'm sure the doctor would have ordered B12 and iron//ferratin testing.

I am attaching some info regarding low energy chat to your doctor about it before considering using it....

• Posted

An under active thyroid can cause intense fatigue; wait for the results of your follow up blood test. to see if your thyroid is to blame. If you do have an under active thyroid, medication can be given to rebalance you thyroid levels. Some beta blockers can cause fatigue too, so maybe ask your doctor to try you on a different blood pressure medication. Ask your doctor to test you for low iron.

• Posted

Ubiquinol (google) is a naturally occurring enzyme in our cells mitochondria which gets very low as we age. They can be taken as a supplement to get our energy back..as mentioned previously mention to your doctor first...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.