Upper Endoscopy positive experience

Posted , 4 users are following.

This morning I had my very 1st upper endoscopy procedure. Yesterday afternoon a GI doctor stated I would need one to confirm gallbladder issues. Recently before that, I had an ultrasound and CT scan showing gallstones.

My endoscopy was done in Gladstone, Missouri. The staff were really nice and very compassionate toward the patients. When they called me from the waiting room, I went into a different room with a nurse and we discussed medical history and other personal information. After changing into the hospital gown, I laid into bed where she hooked up my IV. Then, The doctor who would be performing the procedure stepped in to talk to me for a little while. About 15 minutes later, I was taken into the procedure room.

In the procedure room, they had me lay on my side and repositioned my legs. Then I felt something go into my IV. It was obviously the drug that would put me to sleep. I remember a burning sensation. Then, they asked me to put the mouthpiece into my mouth. After that, I instantly fell asleep.

When I woke up, I felt as high as a kite! I felt really happy and for some reason I had so much love in my heart. I even remember dreaming. My throat was not sore nor did I have any Nausea. The doctor came in to tell me my results which confirmed issues with my gallbladder.

At home, for most of today I had that same high feeling. After I took a nap, I woke up feeling really nauseous. After eating crackers and hydrating my body, I felt fine but I'm not a 100% yet.

Everyone will obviously have the normal nerves before this procedure or any procedure they have for the very 1st time. Please, only read positive personal experiences from people. The negative stories will only scare you and remember everyone is different. Just because a negative experience happened for somebody else, that doesn't mean it will happen to you. Just talk to the doctor and the nurses about your fears and concerns. Everything will be OK, just make sure to control your nerves and try to stay calm. Then, all you have to do is enjoy the high ride after you wake up!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry but any chance you coukd share your symptoms i mean for gallstones? Pain? Nausea? Indigestion?

Second what did they find in endoscopy? Gastritis? Duedonitis?

Thank you in advance.

Happy that it went well so far.

• Posted

I have mine on Friday. I have already told The hospital receptionist they will have their work cut out with me since I have agoraphobia and emetophobia aswell as a fear of needles. I’m in the UK so I am not use if we get an Iv drip or just an injection. Either way I hope I don’t get any nausea during or after as that’s the reason I’m going there! Lol 
  • Posted

I’d like to ask the same question as EdEire. Would appreciate you letting us know your symptoms? Thanks 🙏😁👍.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.