Upping the dosage & side effects

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi everyone,

Last week was week 6 for me and I had a complete relapse.

Headaches; not sleeping well; dizziness and I felt moody and irritable again. I am at the doctors next week to get my 3rd lot of pills and slightly worried that the 20mg I'm currently taking, may be upped.

Has anyone else had their dosage upped and if so, did you experience the side effects again as you did when first taking the lesser dosage?

I may be worried about nothing but from being calm and mellow, I feel like I did before I started taking them on 4th Feb. I'm going backwards! ARRGHHHH!! :oops:

Thanks all,

Ang.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ang,

I think I'm on week 6 now. Must admit, I'm not feeling fantastic either. Generally feeling a little confused emotionally, and my anxiety hasn't subsided as much as would of liked yet. Doesn't leave me feeling hugely positive about this whole experience, but... I'm going to continue taking them. Some people that I've read comments from have said it took up to 8 weeks for Fluoxetine to get into their system. So I'm putting my faith in that for the time being.

Let us know how you get on at the docs, I'm sure you'll get a positive solution whatever the outcome smile

Gaz

• Posted

God Ang,

Last night I totally fell apart, and felt really low again, really struggling. I look worse today than I have in my whole life. I am totally exhausted, and worried as well that these pills are not suiting me. You know the Dr upped my dose to 40mg on the second week as I felt so bad. Until last night I thought the side effects of tiredness and also 'shaking' were far out weighed by the positive feelings of well being. But last night I realised I have a long way to go. Im not sure if this is down to depression or pure grief and tiredness - Im feeling so low as well, I'm going back to my Dr on March 26th - but that seems miles away today.

God I hope these feelings are just a blip for us both. There's no easy answer, we just have to try and carry on, and hope for the best. On my 40mg, my only serious side effect was and still is extreme exhaustion.

Good luck babe, am thinking of you, and am here for you if you need me, as I am for you all xxxx

• Posted

I managed to get more than 4 hours continuous sleep last night so I'm feeling more alert today but still a hideous amounts of yawns today.

I'm at the docs on the 28th so unsure what he'll do regarding dosage.

Thanks Gaz and Suzi, I'm also putting my faith in these but my expectations of the outcome of these pills has failed me. I know they're not a miracle pill but in my heart, [color=red:55f3029930][b:55f3029930]I want them to be then I want to get off them and be 'normal' again.[/b:55f3029930][/color:55f3029930]

Suzi, how's things with your new fella? hope it's going well? :?: Also, did you loose your appetite with these pills and has that continued on the 40mg?

And Gaz, I'll post how I get on the docs and see what he does with me! :lol:

Do you want some good news eh eh eh????? [color=darkblue:55f3029930][b:55f3029930][size=24:55f3029930]IT'S A 4 DAY WEEK THIS WEEK AND NEXT WEEK HOORAY!!!! [/size:55f3029930][/b:55f3029930][/color:55f3029930]Now that musta put a smile on your face! :lol: yey!

Ang

• Posted

Hi, I was put on 20mg and was today upped to 40mg. I've not had any side effects with the 20mg so far and also haven't really felt that they have done anything but its early days. Ang, thank goodness its a 4 day week!! A little something to bring a smile! xx
  • Posted

Yep that's wicked news! :D

Yes I've lost my appetite, even now I'm struggling, but I am really stressed, so I'm not sure if down to the pills.

I'm not sleeping very well, last night I totally broke down again.

Aw Ang - Pete was there, and he was so supportive, so I dont feel so isolated and alone with him, and you guys too. He's just gorgeous, and we had a really special weekend.

But then I fall apart and probably scared him off, although he's texted me loads today. It's good to have some support.

Looks like we're all feelin the same. xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.