Upset stomach now and again

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been on 10 mg for 6 weeks now . Everything seemed to be getting better , but I've got an upset stomach again and have had to take Imodium . I thought I had adjusted but now this has made me anxious again . Reassurance please is this normal when taking these tablets ? Does anyone suffer with an upset stomach every so often ? X

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just to add its early morning here and I'm sitting downstairs on my own worrying about this . I've started shaking like I'm having a panic attack . I did have quite a spicy meal last night so maybe that hasn't helped . Please help as I'm worried that I'm going back into my old panicky mood and that I have a problem with my stomach x
    • Posted

Hi Jane, I stil have the odd funny tummy episode after three months. Just relax, it's possibly the curry, and I find I am not as tolerant of fried or spicy foods since starting this Med. Side effects can take a while to settle so try not to panic. Lee.
  • Posted

Morning Jane, 

It's probably the curry you had last night. That happens to me too. Please don't worry. I get scared too, I'm sitting up at 6:00 this morning with tummy cramps , I think they are side effects of cit. 

• Posted

I'm still sitting here shaking . Am I losing it ? I have been feeling so much better and now I've slipped back . Is this normal ? I don't want to keep having problems with my stomach . Why have I gone into panic mode again ? Does anyone else feel like this ? Advice please x
    • Posted

Ive only been on it for 3 weeks now. What I read is that it's different for everyone . It can take a few months for some and a few weeks for others.  I decided I would go through the bad side effects in order to feel better in the long run. Don't give up. I had the worst panic after the first dose and felt ill for a week, but I have better days now. How are feeling now?
    • Posted

No you not loosing it, you're busy facilitating a panic . Try switching on the telly , make a cup of tea, to change your mind set. Take slow deep breaths. Is there anyone home with you? You going to be okay. 
    • Posted

Well I was feeling considerably better , but now I am worried that I am going to keep getting an upset tummy . Just when I think I'm on the mend this happens . This makes me panic again and worry that something is wrong with me .
    • Posted

Everyone's still asleep . If I say that I am not feeling well will my husband think "oh here she goes again with her health anxiety " I've only been like this since my mum died last year after a short illness . This is my first Mother's Day without her . I don't know if this isn't helping x
    • Posted

That's probably why you're not feeling well. I'm so sorry about you're mum, but I'm sure your mum wouldn't want you to be suffering on your own. I'm sure your husband wouldn't want you to be alone like this. Sometimes our minds tells us things that aren't true. No one would want you to feel like that on your own.
    • Posted

No because I still have a stomach ache . Thank you for your concern . This is why this forum is so good because there are other people that can help you . I just don't want to slip backwards again x
    • Posted

Should I be getting these symptoms from missing my mum ? I did have a vivid dream about her the other night and after that I felt anxious . The rest of my family seemed have coped well and this makes me feel that I am very weak to have let this anxiety and depression get so bad that I now need anti depressants . X
    • Posted

So sorry to keep bombarding everyone with these questions , but I do worry excessively when I don't feel well and now keep questioning if these symptoms will keep reoccurring . Like I said in a previous post I have been on the meds for 6 weeks now X
    • Posted

Hi Jane, you are doing really well and as you said you have had some good days. I would say it's the emotions around Mothers Day that are making you feel panicky and this then leads to the symptoms. Your Mum wouldn't want you to feel like this.
    • Posted

Thank you . It is so reassuring that people really do care on here . We all help each other out in our times of need . As long as I am not losing that stability that I was getting up to now . Hopefully this just a setback X
    • Posted

My stomach feels a bit unsettled still , but I do get myself in a bit of a tizzy when I'm like this . I did have a bit of a cry thinking about my mum , so that probably doesn't help . I got a lovely heart pandora charm from my daughter for Mother's Day so that was lovely . Thank you for your concern X
    • Posted

Hi Jane, I am starting my 17th week on CIT.and on occasions still get an upset feeling in my stomach but it passes. I to have been feeling good then yesterday not so much. This drug works different on everyone long road for some quick for others.
    • Posted

Hi it's my 12th week and getting intrusive thoughts did u still have these problems at week 12 and does it get better ?
    • Posted

Hi Don , yes it does get better. I was feeling pretty good til yesterday had weird feeling nothing that concerned me just discouraged cause I was feeling good and back to myself. All part of healing I believe !!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up