Upset stomach now and again

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on 10 mg for 6 weeks now . Everything seemed to be getting better , but I've got an upset stomach again and have had to take Imodium . I thought I had adjusted but now this has made me anxious again . Reassurance please is this normal when taking these tablets ? Does anyone suffer with an upset stomach every so often ? X

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Still got a really bad stomach upset . Worried as I don't know if it's a bug or the tablets . Did have this after a week of being on meds , but that cleared up quickly . Am I going to keep having this problem ? I can't leave the house when I'm like this. Just when I thought I was getting back to normal . Can anyway advise please x
    • Posted

Hi Jane, I am only on day 18 I had bad tummy for the first week but over this weekend I have had upset tummy and a lot of my side effect anxiety body zaps and tiredness came back over the weekend too,

Hope your feeling better today,

Am little tired this morning but that's probably because the little one as been up since four, I think all the factors in our life contribute to our recovery. My friend recommended citalopram to me she took 10mg only for about three years never had any side effects and felt great after two week I guess we are all different and react differently to medication. Am sure we will all get through this and in the end we will look back and say to ourselves those horrible few weeks or even months was worth it in the end. 😀

• Posted

Still got a really bad upset stomach . Feels more like a bug . I hope it will feel better soon. I'm fed up of being ill . Does make you more susceptible to infections ?
    • Posted

I'm not sure that it will make you more susceptible to infections Jane. Possibly just bad timing on top of all your side effects. Just hang in there, rest, eat what you can and possibly chat to your doctor for reassurance. Fingers crossed that the days start getting better X Lee
  • Posted

I feel sure now that I've had a tummy bug as there are a lot of people with it at the moment . Sunday night I could not get warm . I had 2 jumpers on laid under a duvet on my sofa in the lounge with the heat on still shivering . Lost my appetite now , no more diarrhoea ( sorry tmi ) so hopefully that has sorted itself out . The thing is I woke up early again this morning and couldn't get back to sleep as I was feeling extremely anxious again . Before the weekend I had been so much better . This seems have set me back . I keep worrying that I have something else wrong with my stomach not a bug . Am I normal ? I thought by now that having been on the tablets for over 6 weeks I would lose these negative thoughts . Reassurance please that I am not going backwards again . Thank you . Jane Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.