Urgent: Period late and worrisome circumstances

Posted , 2 users are following.

May 14 was the ending of my last menstrual cycle. The day June 16 I was already a week late, and I had unprotected sex, and on June 17 I took an emergency contraception pill (ellaOne). June 22 I had unprotected sex again and was unsure whether the pullout method was successful or not. Last year from September (2017) to January (2018) I had been taking birth control pills, when I stopped I had a bit of an irregular period regarding the dates, lately I have had a lot of stress, very radical changes in the weather and in my diet. But these past few days I have had sensitive nipples, however this sensibility started after going to the gym for two days after a long time and sweating a lot in an old sports bra, so it could be that. I am really worried and I would want to know how worried I should be about this situation. I am 19 and got my period when I was 13. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It kinda sucks for the people going back and forth on if what they’re experience is pregnancy symptoms or PMS since the 2 are so similar. I would definitely take a test since your period is so late. Since you haven’t had birth control is 6 months, there is a chance. Even if he pulls out, that is still not an effective method of birth control. You can ask my sister and her month old baby. If you are not pregnant and not ready, get back on birth control or use a condom! If you don’t want to take a pill daily, there are SO many options now. Talk to your doctor. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.