Urine or prostate issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello and thank you so much for all your help. So here is my issue, unfortunately I was mistreated with antibiotics because drs thought I had an STI but it turned out to be E. Coli infection. My urine was never cultured after probably 2 months after my symptoms started. I had urine, semen and urethral culture. Urine and semen came back clear but urethral culture positive for E. coli >100,000. so I was put on cipro for 2 weeks. Symptoms still there on and off. I went to see my dr again and he said that my issues were in my head and he just left. So I went to my local STD clinic because they do cultures too and my culture urine culture with them came back positive for Enterococcus faecalis 10,000 or less but since I still have symptoms. Inwas told to be treated and it was not a "contamination". So now I decided to do another urine test and sure enough my level 1 came back positive for E. choli and Enterococcus faecalis. My symptoms are on and off, I experience burning while or after urination, urethral itching and urethral stinging. These symptoms are not always there but they do bother me. How long does it take for the prostate to get infected? I'm waiting for my level 2 results so I can start treatment? Any recommendations for Enterococcus faecalis treatment since this bacteria is harder to kill? Thank you so much for all your help, this is really bad and I feel like I'm losing it and this involves my family, work, business..etc. thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Alonzo,

Besides antibiotics you can try drinking cranberry juice, Pure if possible or diluted slightly with other juices. You can mix in Dmannose or drink Dmannose with water. You might also try a Biofilm dispruptor. A Biofilm disruptor will work best when taking it along with an antibiotic. look up these things on the internet and Amazon. I posted brands I used before but it was blocked by the moderators. If you PM me I will tell you the brands I used. It is important to get good brands when buying supplements because they are not regulated like drugs.

You should also increase your water intake to help flush the bacteria out. If you have too much retention while drinking more water, you could try self catheterization. There are many discussions on this site about it.

Good luck,

Thomas

• Posted

Thomas, thank you for replying back. I don't have retention, the only issue is the discomfort while or after a urinate. I'm waiting to see what antibiotics my urologist is going to prescribe me. Yes, I did look into the biofilm disruptors. I'm currently taking d mannose in the morning and before bed but now I feel some itchiness in my urethra. I hope is something that can be cured. My only concern is if the infection travel to my prostate. thank you once again. Anybody else input would be also greatly appreciated.

• Posted

I have been suffering from chronic prostatis for 25 years. In the past the fluoroquinolones were the most effective. However, no antibiotic treatment ever completely eliminated the symptoms. At best they would reduce the intensity from completely unbearable to tolerable. I stopped taking fluoroquinolones about 10 years ago because of various well known side effects and none of the other antibiotics ever worked as well.

However, recently I discovered fosfomycin through online research even though my urologist never heard of it. I found an article that indicated a combination of fosfomycin and doxycyline worked in cases where other ab's didn't work. I recently went on a 3 week course of this combination and it seemed to work better than doxycyline or bactrim alone. I never tried fosfomycin alone.

Fosfomycin is supposed to be effective against E. Faecalis.

In the US fosfomycin isn't covered by most insurances and it is outrageously expensive. I paid for it on my own ordering it from Canada. It cost about $200 for a 3 week course.

I am having a holep next month to remove most of the prostate. I'm hoping this will solve my problem.

• Posted

Hello Kenneth,

I heard a lot of good things of fosfomycin, I thing is a really good choice. however, my urologist put me on ampicillin trihydrate instead 4 x a day. I hope this give me an idea if it's going to help.

• Posted

Hello Dantec,

I know, this is really complicated. I've tried a fee things as well, unfortunately they were given to me without a culture. I think that delay or just slap the infection and probably came back stronger. I do not have another option for now to stick the ampicillin trihydrate and if it doesn't do anything. I'll try something else. thank you for replying back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.