Urolift Follow up Visits

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had two follow up visits with my urologist after urolift, he charges $180.00 and they have been totally useless. He scheduled a third but I am going to cancel it. All he does is has me fill out a form about how satisfied I am then tells me it will get better. They do a bladder scan but I think its more for their benefit than mine, $55.00. I would have thought maybe they would do a follow-up cystoscopy to make sure the clips are in the right place, they prostate is open and everything was healing fine, but nothing of value. Has anyone else found any value in the follow-up visits?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

did the procedure work?

• Posted

Still up in the air about it.Now I only get up once and sometimes not at all at night. I do feel like I can empty my bladder better. But I have this urgency thing that I didn't have before. I also get occasional sharp pain that feels like something might not be quite right with the clips. I think I might be a little better than before but not worth the money and pain. It's supposed to continue to get better so waiting to see.

• Posted

Why did you pick Urolift ? If avoid retro ejaculation is your main goal than you chose the correct procedure. Otherwise, it's not very effective overall so don't expect too much improvements.

• Posted

Ben, I also haven't bothered to go back, fearing that I've already spent enough. I would have expected the doc's office to call and check up on me, though. I thought that I'd give it a few months before going back; as my condition is acceptable at this point (see my latest post).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.