Urology & Gastro....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all

Can IBS cause microscopic blood in urine?

Anybody have IBS aswell as blood in urine ( non visible ) No UTI

X

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you have blood in urine it can indicate that you have kidney stones. I would check this out with a GP and ask them to refer you to a urologist.

Do not ignore blood in urine.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah

• Posted

Hi

I can't see the connection between blood in the urine causing IBS, blood in urine would need checking out at doctors.

• Posted

Hi.

Thank you both for the replies

Yes GP have referred me to Urologist & I had my first gastro app last week.

Was just curious to see if they’d be linked in some way.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Hayley! I don't think blood in anything, like stool or urine, is a very good sign (not tryna scare ya). I do sometimes get scares that I have blood in my stool but it's just undigested tomato or some other red food. Maybe you ate beets or something that I said really red? Sometimes it can show up in your urine. But if you're talking about like real blood, blood, then you should go see your doctor. Hope this helps smile

• Posted

Thankyou smile 

Yes sometimes blood visible but others only on a dip stick at my doctors, that’s why they have referred me to Urologist to see where the blood is coming from, I’ve never had blood in my stools, just very swollen stomach and abdominal pain

Atm I’m waiting for Cystoscopy with Urologist and MRI with my gastro doc.

Just so frustrating with 2 completely different things going on 

Thankyou ❤️

• Posted

Good luck! It's normal to feel stressed out, frustration, scared. I'm currently struggling with my mental health. Struggles with mental health can affect your digestive which probably makes your abdomen hurt and swell. 

• Posted

I haven’t heard of IBS causing microscopic blood in your urine.  IBS can cause bladder problems such as urinary frequency,  See your doctor again.
  • Posted

I sprayed it out last week like an excerpt from The Shining and the guy next to me said what the F. I am currently on antibiotics. I was very sick prior to the bleeding so not sure if they are related. I was off the dipstick chart the doc said. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.