Uterine fibroid Embolisation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all just wondered how long this tiredness lasts. Feel tired all of the time. Don't know whether to increase the iron tablets.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patricia,

Can I ask when you had your procedure?

I was exhausted for the first few days/ weeks post procedure but found that when I stopped taking the pain meds the tiredness went.

Hope you feel better soon and that the procedures successful for you.

• Posted

Yeah Samantha I had the procedure done on 18 January. So it will be 5 weeks post op tomorrow. Stopped taking the pain meds a few days later. My tummy has gone down a bit. Whether it fully works time will tell.

Hope it worked for you.

• Posted

Hello Patricia,

I had the procedure done on the 21st September and the fatigue didn't completely go away till after Christmas. So took about 3 months for me. Doctor sent me for a wide range of blood tests at the end of November but they all came back normal.

Rest up, be patient and listen to your body. If you feel tired rest.

• Posted

Hi Angel thanks for telling me that at least I know the tiredness will go eventually. It's hard when I have been so active. I do listen to my body when I walk the dog as soon as my leg aches I turn back. Can't be bothered either but you are right. Small steps. I've never been very patient. But will calm down a bit. Looks like the gym will have to wait.
  • Posted

Hello Patricia ,

I was exhausted around four week then visited to doctor then they said its iron difficiency . After starting two tab per day it's came to better around two weeks . But doctor advised me to take them around three months so still taking . If couple of days missed feel again tired . May be because my periods are still heavy ( third period finished last week)

Good luck for you

• Posted

Hi Mina I am already taking 2 iron tablets but might get my blood checked anyway just to rule it out. I have had 2 heavy periods better than before the UFI but still heavy. Period 3 has not happened yet. I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow.

Good luck to you as well x

• Posted

Oh I hear ya Patricia. I've always been pretty energetic and since the procedure I've been needing a nap every 4 hours, not that I actually get to take one that often! From what I gather it' because of the toxins that are released into the bloodstream from the dead fibroid tissue so we just have to wait it out.
    • Posted

Thanks Niki glad it's not just me. I get up very energetic but by late afternoon I'm so very tired. I was like this before with the amenia but it wasn't as bad as this. I can't even take my dog as far as I did before cos of the tiredness.

You are right I do need to wait it out. At least I know it's working then.

• Posted

I had UAE last April and was pretty tired until October. If you are getting bloods checked get your gp to check your ferritin, which measures your iron stores. This can be low without being anaemic. If less than 30 iron will make you feel better, for sure. If your fibroids are big they take a long time to shrink/resorb. All that rearranging of your insides takes its toll.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.