Uterine fibroid Embolisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I am 6 weeks post op on Monday for UFE. The thing is I have just vomited ( sorry if this is TMI) I wonder if anyone else has had this. It has happened once before I am seeing GP on Monday so I will mention it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hope someone can help you with some advice. Not had a UFE myself, (had myomectomy). Could it be something unrelated, dodgy food , medication side effects.
  • Posted

Hi Patricia, I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. Do you think it's still side effects of the procedure? Did you take antibiotics in the last few weeks? I was put on a pretty long course of antibiotics due to high consistent fever (they thought it was an infection) which I finished last week but immediately after I started having a different kind of pain and very abnormal (sorry, tmi) bowl movements and the ER doctor said that my colon is inflamed due to antibiotics killing all the good bacteria in my body. I stared taking probiotics and only today after 3 days started to feel better but apparently it will take a while.. It's been one thing after another but it appears that this one wasn't directly UFE related. Hope your GP figures out why you are vomiting.
    • Posted

Hi Niki yeah i hope the GP finds out what it is. I think the fever is from the procedure and the extreme tiredness but can't think why I was vomiting. It's exactly the same as before I had fever and was sick only once very strange. i have only had antibiotics once since the procedure. Six weeks post op tomorrow. I definitely want them to do something about the extreme tiredness as that is really bad it's as bad as before I had the op they will probably ask me to do Blood test. Hope you are feeling better now. How many weeks post op are you? You probably told me and I can't remember.
    • Posted

I'm 4 weeks post op. I also still have the extreme tiredness side effect. Can't wait to feel normal again but at least the back/stomach pain is almost gone. Keep me posted once you see your GP. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Patricia, how are you doing? Is your energy back?

I'm feeling OK in general but I just had a very early and very heavy period. It's been 7 days of non-stop bleeding. It's never been this back before. Do you know if that's normal after the UFE? Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better?!

• Posted

Hi Niki yes I have got my energy back which i am very happy about. Last month I had a early period as well (2 weeks early) and it was very Heavy for about 4 days then it tailed off. My previous periods have not been early Jan and February periods were I month apart although I had 2 in January but I had stopped bleeding the day before the UFE then I was on a period after the procedure so j think that the procedure triggered the 2nd Jan bleed. As the Feb period was a month later I thought that the March period would be a month later.

I'm now hoping that the April one is not early otherwise i will be concerned.

The actual flow of periods since UFE has been better no more flooding but still heavy enough for bulky San towels. I am hoping for more improvement but was told 6 months post op before I notice a difference from IR.

I have a big problem with wind as well ( sorry for TMI) this has been since I had a Endo ablation. I'm also hoping for improvement on that. So fingers crossed. As for does it get worse before better I don't know I hope so. I was told by a nurse that it can take about 4 periods after UFE for them to get lighter. Forgot to mention that my last period went like this

1st March day one / heavy and very bad pain

2 day Heavy and painful

3 day less heavy

4th day light

5th day light

6th day discharge

7th day discharge

Still need to wear a panty liner all the time for discharge I think some of it is Fibroid Tissue. The pains when I had them were I. The lower back and both sides of my bikini line. As compared to very painful stomach pains before UFE. Hope your period ends soon I'm sure it will. I think the fact that we have both had this problem could mean that it it normal. Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon. X

• Posted

Hi Patricia, thanks for sharing, it really helps to know since we had the procedure around the same time. Seems like we had a very similar experience in terms of timing of the periods post procedure and the heaviness of the flow. I also have the back pain. My period is lighter today (after 7 days) but I'm feeling weak from having lost so much blood. I'm taking iron pills every day and trying to have iron rich food and drink lots of water which is supposed to help.

All the best and keep in touch!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.