Uterine fibroid Embolisation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 10 weeks post op and I am getting periods every 2 weeks. Not as heavy as before no flooding it's the frequency that bothers me. Pretty bad period pains as well in my lower back today yesterday it was both sides of my bikini line. Everything else is better I can now walk my dog for an hour without coming home and having to sleep. My energy levels are getting better all the time. My tummy is going down as well ( although the period has made me bloated again) also I am having discharge between each period where I have to wear panty liners. I hope everyone is good x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Thanks Patricia, glad to hear you're seeing some improvements although the frequency of periods is annoying, it barely gives you any break. I think I am seeing benefit from taking the ACV and BM, will post a weekly update tomorrow. I have stopped taking Esmya in the meantime, and I'm sure I feel more energized because of it. 
  • Posted

Hi there Patricia. That's fantastic that you are seeing some improvement after 10 long weeks. What does your doctor say about the frequent periods? I'm just a few weeks ahead of you -- tomorrow will be 13 weeks. I just had my third period since the UFE and it might have been slightly lighter (the first two were as heavy as always). Do you take anything for your periods, like transexamic acid? I am still taking that, so I can't be certain if my period was indeed lighter this time or if it was just the Rx. But, usually even with the meds it can be heavy, so perhaps it is improving. But, I am bleeding for about 12 days (toward the end it's more spotting). Has the length of your periods changed?

My biggest complaint with the fibroids was horrible, horrible bladder issues. I was having to self-catheterize because the fibroid was squashing my urethra. It was a nightmare. I didn't see any improvement for 10 weeks, so I was feeling very discouraged. In the past two weeks, though, I've seen some improvement. I had three days in a row where I felt normal.

When do you get your fibroids measured again? If your tummy is shrinking, you must be encouraged. My biggest fibroid was 10cm before UFE and was 7.5cm after one month. I don't go back to the doctor until the end of April (four months). I really hope the little buggers have shrunk drastically. I'm worried if they haven't shrunk much, it was cause me to get down and feel worse. Right now, I've got such hope that they've shrunk (and are still shrinking). I think if I find out that they are not getting much smaller, I will feel my symptoms worsen. Power of suggestion, bad attitude, etc. Does that make sense?

Keep me posted on your progress. It's frustrating that it's not a linear journey toward getting better, but as long as you are trending up, that's a good thing!

• Posted

Hi just wanted to update as I had my last post a bit wrong. First I am 9weeks post op today. So far my periods have been weird.

1st period after I left hospital on the 19 January was on 20Jan and lasted for 2 weeks it was heavy but no flooding. Then the last few days was spotting.

2nd was from 29 Febrary until 5 March this one was heavy and painful (pain lasted 2 days) the pain was in my lower back and both sides of my bikini line.after that the flow was light then spotting.

3rd started on 18 March only 2 weeks after previous period so don't know why that is still on that.

On the up side I don't have low energy anymore and my tummy has definitely gone down. I'm hoping that everything will get normal on my next cycle. Hope everyone is well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.