Utetine fibroid embolisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all just a quick update. I'm very up and down at the moment I feel like I have bad PMS tearful and down. On the plus side it's day 3 of my period and it's not heavy and tummy gone down a bit. Just wish I didn't feel so emotional. Hope everyone is well

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I have not been great got to Thursday, day 7 and felt things were easing. Woke up on Friday feeling very nauseous again and spent whole morning being sick and having hot sweats. Today (day 10) the nausea and hot sweats have eased again but I now have a sharp pain on and off on my right side, temp normal so don't think it is the start of an infection, just comes and goes. Still very tired, they need to re look at recovery rates, most say by 11 days you are back to normal, I don't feel my recovery has hardly begun, Friday was like being back at square one. I hope things improve for you soon, this is certainly not the easy option. I never had issues with my periods as they were controlled by a coil, it's bladder space, mine only has half the room it should and I had constant back pain.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Patricia & Ali, Sorry hear you are both not as well as hoped. I'm still considering Embolisation on Hysterectomy. Still unsure. I have heavy periods (but had 14 months worth of drugs now!) And bladder & back issues. Worried that mines too big for key hole. Don't men have it easy!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

They do Heather! My friend had hysterectomy with fibroids to big for keyhole but her recovery was really good, 3 days pottering about. None of this uncertainty or will it work, will I get an infection. To me with a hysterectomy it's done and dusted. Personally that is the route I would have taken given the option. I am definitely not goung back in so they can have a second go (only half done as monitors crashed half way through op). I'm day 11 and still feel very tired, today thankfully no nausea so hoping that part over. It's a personal choice really, whatever you chose I hope it goes well for you x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

well i was seriously considering embolisation but since they said 50/50 chance of working i'm unsure I want to go through it if I have to end up on a surgeons table anyway. I'm thinking embolise, make smaller then easier taken out if it does only shrink a certain percentage. Just nothing I've had shrinks this blooming thing. 6 months of esmya, 6 months break 6 months zoladex break now back on esmya. They said open myomectomy would leave to greater area of scar tissue & good chance bowel would stick to it. Then one surgoen said I'd try keyhole hystorectomy for you. Then another said no its too big. I worry with iopen surgery as my Mum got a dvt that turned into a PE with pelvic surgery & it nearly killed her! Then one of my employees said his wife had a keyhole hystorectomy & they didn't get it all & had to go back in! So confusing pitfalls to them all! Hence me thinking well embolisation may make it small enough to get out by keyhole, but maybe open so they can see what they are doing right there would be better. I just worry about my back as all the back issue started after a C Section! Oh what to do!
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up