Vacation Depression?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I'm new to this site and I didn't really know where to turn to about my issue because I feel like I am the only one who is going Through it, I can't even find anything through internet searches about what I'm feeling.

So this is my issue and it isn't new it started when I was young .. when I would have sleep overs away from home I would be fine all day and then when night time came I would start to feel this sad, unexplainable feeling which would be followed by nauseousness and then literally throwing up being cold and hot and then in the morning I was fine again... now as an adult I still experience it

When on vacation, whether it be in Mexico or in vegas and still I'm okay in the day while out on the beach but as soon as I get back to the room it starts. My boyfriend is taking my away for my 30th birthday and I am scared cause I know what I go through, embarrassed in a sense cause I am on vacation I should be enjoying it and already facing dread and discomfort about the vacation. I am Curious if I am the only one who suffers this, what am I even suffering? Is it a form of home sickness? Is there anyway I can prevent this?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You dont like being away from your home. Your saftey or solace is very sacred to you when you go to sleep. Is there a nreason be the only one to one. Were you scared at night as alittle child for some reason? It has to do with your sense of saftey You dont consider the day an issue that wasnt the issue you must have had when you were little. I think this is more common then you think. Not the vomitting  part but the nit liking sleeping away part. The other thing is some off beat version of agoraphobia.  Simple probably some anxiety rule you made in your head as a little girl. A comfort thing for yourself. 

Anxiety is very strange isnt it? We make some of the weirdest rules for ourselves. But this has  a reason. You will have to really see if a therpaist or a hypno therapist can help you remember when you decieded this is to be a rule and why. Then you can dismantle it, its all about saftey somehow.

• Posted

I honestly can't think of anything as a child that could have triggered this to start.. I've thought about hypno therapy and therapist but they probably cost a fortune I wish there was something to make this go away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.