Vaginal discharge

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had vaginal discharge every single day for the past 14 months. I have been tested for thrush, bacterial vaginosis and various STIs (even tho I have been with my partner for years) and everything comes back negative, including my smear test in Jan.

The discharge is white, thick and doesn't smell, however it is very itchy and painful and it is incredibly painful having sexual intercourse or using tampons so much so that I have completely stopped, even though we were wanting to try for a baby.

I have been to my GP numerous times and they have no idea what it is and aren't offering anything or any suggestions. To me the symptoms seemed like thrush so I have tried every thrush treatment I can find, I take probiotics, use a soap alternative the GP gave me, changed my diet and taken fluconazole and nothing helps.

This is having a huge impact on my mental health and my GP has basically said I'll just need to cope. I am hysterical getting internal examinations as it is so painful and I just don't know what else to do, can anyone advice me?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

have u been tested for herpes?

• Posted

I had herpes years ago and I know it never goes away/lies dormant, but I don't have the spots or anything this time?

• Posted

have you been tested for mycoplasma or ureaplasma?

• Posted

I have never heard of this and no I haven't been tested for either, would that be similar symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.