Vaginal odour and discharge, not Bacterial Vaginosis, been happening for upwards of a year.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi,

Since this is a child health forum I thought maybe someone could help me, because I'm just at a loss. 

I'm 15, nearly 16, and I have been having watery, clear discharge that just smells terrible, it happens throughout my entire cycle besides when I have my period. Although it could be happening during my period and I just don't know because the smell of blood could be covering up the smell of the discharge. It doesn't really smell like fish, like I've read Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) does and that's what I initially suspected it was. I'm also not, or never have been sexually active so I don't believe this could be any type of STD.

After this had been happening for a long time I decided to just tell my mom and see what she thought. She obviously thought it was abnormal and scheduled a gynocologist appointment.

So I went to the doctor and she just kind of looked around and then went in with her finger and said everythin felt normal. Then she took, like a really long q-tip and then stuck it in and moved it around a bit, without using a speculum. She didn't say what the test was called though so I don't know if it was a test for BV, or pH, or anything. She did say we'll get the results back and see if there is anything wrong in general. 

Anyways, the test came back saying that everything was absolutely normal and was not BV. They provided me with no further information at all of what I should do or what else it could be. 

So basically at the moment I have no idea what to do. I mean sometimes I'll be sitting in class and the discharge will be so bad that it goes through my underwear, through my pants so it feels like I peed my pants and it also smells disgusting. I've resorted to wearing pads all month long, which is annoying and also pretty costly since I have to change it 3 times a day typically.

My mom has no clue what's going on, the gynocologist was not helpful at all and I am just more confused and more disheartened then I was before I started.

Pretty much anything going into my vagina I haven't been able to deal with, like tampons. So please don't recommend douching or something like that because I really just don't think I can do that, also from what I've read that's bad for you anyways.

Just if anyone knows anything please help me because I just don't know what to do at this point and it's getting to a point where it's hard to ignore. Right now I'm going to try some vaginal health vitamins that I found on Amazon and if those work at all then I'll add in update.

In the meantime if anyone at all has any ideas at all of how I can possibly fix this problem, anything is appreciated.

Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.