Vaginal prolapse 3 weeks post op

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm really worried. Its been 3 weeks and its only about 1 inch in my vagina and its very rough and bumby. I still have the pains in my lower stomach. I haven't been on any cremes and I don't have a uterus. I go to my doctor next Thursday. Does the vaginal canal get bigger? I feel I won't be having sex with the way it is now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's very difficult to know how things will be because at the moment you will have some swelling and the problem is if you check everything will appear as if it's where it shouldn't be. The pain you describe is normal, you've had major surgery and lots of internal sutures that get tighter as the weeks progress and will eventually dissolve but it can take up to 12 weeks. In fact I've known them take even longer. I say this often kimberly, this surgery often makes you think you aren't making any progress but obviously you are, you just have to be patient. You'll get there eventually.
  • Posted

I'm at 2 and half weeks and I've got the exact same thing, I've had front and back repair, have you had both ?

Mine feels as if something heavy is going to come out and when I try and look inside I can't see a bloody thing ! It is worrying but if we are all saying this surely it's a conman thing ? How do the stich you up matron as I have a thin line going down towards my bum but there's nothing been worked on , on the outside ? X

• Posted

Crikey!! I'd be scared to look๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜‚ I won't be doing that ladies๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜xxc
    • Posted

I had surgery to repair where my bladder was fallen in my vagina and my intestines were coming up inside my vagina. It was horrible. I just got the cath out which was the worst! I had to stay confined to my home due to that hideous bag. Not to mention it busted 1 night and I had to go to the er to have it replaced. I'm just scared because I hope since I'm getting married in August that we will be able to have sex. I feel like most of my vagina is gone. I go to the doctor Thursday and I am going to ask him a lot of questions.
    • Posted

Also I have been stitched a lot from the vaginal opening to my bum. Everything is extremely small. The only good thing is that I can go to the bathroom now and the bad pain around my booty bone is now gone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.