Vaginal Self Exam...Looks Concerning

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having vaginal discharge and odor so I decided to do a self examination. It looks concerning to me but I wanted to get a 2nd opinion before I can get into the doctor. My vulva is red and looks irritated with 2 light colored patches on each side of my clitoris. Looking in my actual vaginal opening, I see white spots as well as 2 red spots. I have absolutely NO pain, itching, or burning. I had a normal pap smear about 3 years ago and I've never been sexually active. I have the nexplanon birth control implant in my arm and its worked perfectly for me. Any ideas on what it could be?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

bacterial vaginosis? would explain the odour/ discharge

• Posted

Thats what I was maybe thinking too but then I read the symptoms of BV and none if the symptoms match as far as the color/smell of the discharge

• Posted

Well I went to the doctor and every test they did came back as normal. I still have odor and discharge though. I could smell it as she was doing the pap smear. I'm at a loss for words. It's definitely not the normal smell that every vagina has, I'm familiar with that. It's a bad odor just like it's dirty even though I wash it with water everyday.

• Posted

I googled images and the spots I have look exactly like fordyce spots which are harmless so I'm not concerned about that. It still doesn't explain my bad odor though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.