Vaginal swelling/ itchyness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Okay so basically I know both me and my partner 100% don't have any STI's but we got back home the ofther day and instantly my vagina lips started to feel really itchy , they also became red and a bit swollen.

My partner was also itching his genitals a lot and had a sore bit on his penis. My partners however seemed to clear up and is okay now.

However my vagina the next day then swelled up loads, It is okay now but red and sore and hurts to wipe after I pee but that's about it.

I don't know what this could be??

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like thrush to me. It can happen in women due to hormones, using perfumed substances in that area or getting too hot. When I get it my hubby tend to get it too. Both of us red, itchy and sore. Woman can have a white thick discharge too, npbut nit always. You can both take an oral tablet to get rid of it or your oartner can use cream. Don't have intercourse while you are having treatment. The gp usually says to wait 10 days.

• Posted

It sounds a yeast infection that you both might have. Or it could be something else. If I am in any doubt I always get a professional examination. Let me know how you do! Nancy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.