Valium 4doses of 7.5 last 2 weeks

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi 

I was given Valium and norco for tramadol withdrawal I have multiple cervical issues and a past anterior disectomy And fusion . I now have chronic. Pain from additional bulging disc and spondylitis . I recently quit a 10 yr tramadol  dose anywhere from 300 mg to 800 mg . It’s been 12 days no tram but have been on norco 7.5 mg x 2 am and 2 pm dr also gave Valium 5 mg prescribed 3x daily 

However I only have take it 3-4 time 5- 7.5 mg at bed time (so a total of maybe 6, 5 mg pills) my concern is I don’t want to trade one dependency for another.  I HAVE to take some type of pain med to function and have tried to take less then prescribed of the norco ( 2 am and 1 sometimes 2pm) but have only been on that for 13 days ( was rx 60 pills 13 days ago and have 18 left). The Valium is defiantly helping me sleep but again I’m scared to death of another addiction/ dependency .

I can not function without some type of pain/ anxiety med ( which is the reason the tramadol addiction / dependacy happened) 

Any advice how to proceed and with what. I am not a pill popper looking for a high just ligit pain relief and sleep/ anxiety relief 

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valentina 

I have had previous ACDF at C5/6 C6/7

I have continued and worsening C4/5 disc degeneration with Loradic reversal.

Also left neuroforaminal stenosis at C6/7 and central stenosis at C4/5 and C5/6 with secondary bulge bilateral neuroforaminal stenosis left greater than right 

And last but not least ... a 2.5cm x 0.6 left deep anterior node, with increase 

Compared to previous mri and ACDF 

( to which the radiologist reported on most recent MRI “MOST LIKELY benign”

Soooo as you see in the words of my Dr.

“ I have a s**t load of things going on still and getting worse”

Not to mention , a report from the radiologist stating “ most likely benign”

Does not reassure me 100%

I have a appt with a new neuro surgeon 

In a week so I guess we will see how he thinks we should proceed.

I really dread another surgery 

The first surgery I ended up with a staff infection at incision site which required 

Them to reopen the incision  clean out affected tissue, and was rehospitalized for 3 day. Also received a pic line and 3 weeks of daily iv antibiotics.

As of today I have not had any tramadol 

For  16 days ( yay me!)

But have no choice to continue onthe 

Norco 7.5/325  I take 2 pills 8am and 1-2 pill at 9-10pm   But continually wake up in pain around 5 am but try to suffer through until 8 am dose.

I have the Valium the dr prescribed 1, 5 mg pill every 4-8 hrs s needed 

But like I said I’m scared to death to take them. I think I have taken MAYBE  8-9 pills over the course of 3 weeks or so.

Even with the norco and the occasional Valium I have pain every day at varying levels.

I am so scared of becoming dependent on another medication.( tramadol is evil, and I will never ever take it again).

I try to be as sparing as possible with any rx , but I also don’t want to be in terrible pain 24/7 I have 3 children and not being able to participate in some activities etc with them kills me 

I am only 51 yrs old but feel like I’m a 80 yr old burden. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.