Venalfaxine hell

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been tapering off venalfaxine for the last 6weeks and it's been hell so I'm going to stop all together and get it over and done with I'm fed up with dragging it out any longer. I have just flushed all my pills away in anger I just want this f*****g s**t out of my system ASAP and I don't care if I feel really ill for a while as I can't feel worse than I do know. I have to work next week as I have no income and had to live off £70 for the last 6 weeks I can't get benefits but that's another story, so I have no choice but to work as I have had an eviction order served on me now and will be out on the streets and all this because of this evil bloody drug. The are 100s of lawsuits against the makers of this drug in America and its about time something was done about it here to I'm so angry about what this drug has done to me over the last year I feel like going to the drug company with a gun and blasting them evil money grabbing people to hell because they know what this drug does to people but they won't admit it

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Oh Michael I feel you pain buddy!

I am on day 22 cold turkey of 150 mg. I could no longer take this drug with the knowledge it just couldn't be good for you. It was giving me terrible memory issues and with just one day of "forgetting" to take it I suffered terrible withdrawals!!!!

You're in for a terrible week my friend!! Hell!  If it was bad for you to taper, it will be worse to cold turkey. No use in trying to sugar coat it for you.  

But I'm hear to tell you there is light at the end of the tunnel. That 1st week was hell for me. But let me give you some tips on trying to feel better...

*Benadryl will help block all those side effects. 

*Omega 3 helps with the brain zaps 

*You need to take lots of vitamins, especially C as you're immune system is about to be very weak from being so sick and not eating. 

*Get powerade, not Gatorade but powerade. It worked wonders for me. Gatorade did nothing. 

*Saltine crackers and chicken noodle. (No matter what u must force yourself to eat)

*and lastly St. John's wart. Do not take this until the V is out of your system for 24 hours because it's a natural serotonin.  This will also help with your brain zaps and mood. 

The days get easier but there are still tough days. It doesn't just go away after you stop it.eeeeek. This drug is a hell drug and I wish I'd never of started it. My current symptoms this past week is terrible fatigue!!! 

Out of nowhere and still my memory. The doctors tell you how much this drug helps your problems, but what about all the problems they create?????

I hope this helps. From one V withdrawler to another. 

Stay strong, together, with the help and advice of others we will get through this. 

• Posted

It's nice to hear someone else talk out about a drug company.i wasn't on vena flaming but another drug olanzapine has ruined my life.they have been sued for billions in the states.people in this country don't talk about what drugs have done to them they just accept it.your situation sounds really bad I hope you can get something sorted out.to everyone who's afraid to talk about what some drugs have done to them be brave speak out these drug companies shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.
  • Posted

I'm really sorry to hear of your hell with this drug, but I need to ask, how did you feel when you where taking your daily dosage? Venlafaxine in my opinion is a fantastic medicine and I can't gat it at all, I've been on a high dose for 18 months and have to tell you it saved me! Different people have different opinions, but I think you'll regret what you did, as you will suffer horrendous withdrawals especially if you're working, sorry buddy but you just need another medicine that works for you. 

Good luck

• Posted

Hi

Venalfaxine done nothing for me just the same as all the other antidepressants I have been on for the last 30 years. That's how long I have been trying to find one that works for me all they have ever done for me is turn me in to a zombie to be honest. My shrink has come to the conclusion after al this time that I am medication resistant as a lot of people are. Venalfaxine was the last resort and that just made me worse also I had a medical recently and found out that I have liver damage I told the doc that I am tee total so the only thing he could think if is that it's from 30 years of using antidepressants and that he has seen this happen before with long term use of ad's. this is not the case with everyone but it just seems I'm in the unfortunate minority

• Posted

I'm very sorry to hear that when I'm reading your story, with all due respect what you said in your opening discussion is totally unfair and not justified at all, 10's of millions of people worldwide use venlafaxine me being one of them, AD's have saved millions of life's such as mine, AD's are not all about "evil money grabbers"as you bluntly put it, these drugs are invented and perfected over many years, they are tested and approved, it's like cancer, do you think chemotherapy is cheap? Of course it's not but people still die, would you say the same thing to those scientists that invented that? All AD's are invented to make people better, obviously they never helped you and that's a shame, but trust me when I tell you, I've been on all sorts of meds for 11 years before I finally found venlafaxine,and it saved my life so these companies are not evil money grabbers! You're just bitter cause it never helped you, good luck with the withdrawal, again all due respect, I think you'll need those meds back,,and btw please don't think I'm agruing here cause I'm not, it's just a difference of opinion
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I'm glad to hear that they work for you but as I have mentioned in other posts I'm in a small minority unfortunatly. Ad's don't work for everyone which is a real shame. I found out about the lawsuits ect on the US venalfaxine website. Drugs just don't help me and I mean any drugs, pain killers never work for my migraines blood pressure pills never help with blood pressure and so on I guess I'm just resistant to medication 
  • Posted

Citalopram, sertraline and quetiapine have ruined my life too, both on and off them. Good luck Michael. I wish you drug free health and happiness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.