veneflaxine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi guys I have decided to come of this I couldn't get an appointment with my GP so I broke my 75mg pills in half and take that every night .

This morning no upset tummy that god .

Any advice as to what to try when I get rid of these pills I'm thinking to try citalopram again .

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've heard a lot go onto citalipram after the Ven. You can only try and see how you respond. I'm sure your GP will offer good advice. Good luck 👍
  • Posted

Good luck. That much of a drop was too much for me, on the fourth day it hit me like a ton of bricks, my gp said this is to do with how long it takes for your body to catch up with these meds. So I would say it's better to reduce slowly, but each to their own.

Have bought lots of benadryl and stugeron myself to cope with the withdrawal symptoms, thanks to the lovely people on here and am feeling ok. Tomorrow I'm cutting down by a quarter 37.5 tablet every other day for a week then every day for a week and so on, fingers crossed, can't wait to be off of anti depressants altogether.

Mrself

A really effective one I took for a while is escitalopram, a purer version of citalopram, and no nasty side effects at all 😁

• Posted

Hi Tracy

Gosh I hadn't heard of this one I got on ok with citalopram but put on lodes of weight !

So no side effects with it then ?

• Posted

Hi I am glad you are managing to withdraw well.  It took me 10 months to withdraw from Venlafaxine and I did not get any withdrawal symptoms.  I hope it all goes well for you.  You are withdrawing in a completely different way from me,  so shows iut can be done in lots of different ways and not get withdrawals which can be so bad.  Well done for doing it so fast. 

Hope you continue to do well.

• Posted

I went to duloxetine or cymbalta. It's a SNRI like venlaflaxine. I have 90mg. Great control of depression and anxiety.

It's got fewer side effects than Venlaflaxine but I will say I forgot a tab a couple of weeks ago n got withdrawal that day n the next day worse than I ever knew with ven. It's a keeper in terms of meds I reckon as I emailed my psych as I was terrified....

aggressive, cramps, shivers, cudn't settle......... the whole shabam. I won't be coming off it unless I'm sedated I reck!

• Posted

Hi. I've been off veneflaxine for 11 weeks. However my anxiety has come back again. When to the docs during a 4 week period of them monitoring me. Decided to take citilipram 10mg. I'm just hoping this helps. I've had to come off work. I was on the veneflaxine for 15 years and was really hoping that it was the end of this kind of medication. Any discussions greatly appreciated x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.