Venlafaxine

Posted , 1 user is following.

OK so the citalopram failed....

Now on ven, started on 75mgs, and stuck to that for 5 to 6 weeks. At first I felf better, but this was whilst I was on a good chill out holiday, an escape from life as it is!!!

Back to reality and back down lower than low!!!

Now on 150 mgs for just under 2 weeks, not sure where I go now. Not even sure how I feel anymore. Just so confused and lost

M :oops:

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey I know how you feel. I came off citalopram and went on ven 75mg 3 months ago at first i felt good but now i seem to have hit rock bottom again I feel worse than ever. would you say going from 75 to 150mg made any difference?

Hope you feel better soon

H x

• Posted

Hi Holly,

Yes the increase to 150mg has helped. Its been slow, but am much calmer and more settled emotionally. Still very tired and do not sleep well. I have a very good Dr and she is easy to talk to. She also says I could increase the dose more if I start to go down again, but obviously not without seeing her first. Was on 75mg for 7 weeks, and have now been on 150mg for 7 weeks. Was also lucky enough to see a very good councellor who has helped enourmously.

My Dr signed me off sick for the last 7 weeks, but am now fit to go back for a phased return to work. So yes am feeling better, just hope the improvement continues.

May I suggest you go back to your Dr and see what they say, and maybe try and get some councelling!

Good luck, and wish you well, it does get better

M :wink:

• Posted

Hey Holly,

Two people have told me this week how much happier I seem, one was my mother, the other my partner, hey and they should know better than anyone.

So it seems that going up to 150mg has been a big positive for me

M smile xx

• Posted

Thats really good to hear smile I think I'm guna have to do it because I don't seem to be getting anywhere. i've had to leave work completely which has made me feel even worse sad I don't sleep I dont eat and recently ive been finiding horrible purple bruises all over me |:

I have been on the nhs councilling list for about 4 months now and still nothing, ive asked my dr to try and get me pushed forward up the waiting list but sadly no joy.

H x

• Posted

Hey Holly, you should see the Dr about the bruising, it may be due to the ven? It might be that it doesn't suit you sad

As for the councelling, I had to wait 2 months for the NHS service, one who's attached to my Drs surgery.... I didn't get on with her....

But I am lucky to have had another route to councelling through work, and that one was very good.

Sorry your having such a rough time, guess I've been lucky, though the first few months where bad, and I just did not question anything. As time went on, I got to see a good Dr at my surgery, and well, just started to trust her and open up, was able to talk to her, which I think is the key to a good result. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but am on a path that will take me out into the light :wink: which is something I would not have said 6 weeks ago, or believed.

Take care, and keep intouch

M smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.