venlafaxine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had anyone else felt really low during the first week and have a water infection not sure if there is a connection?

I'm hoping the antedepressant will soon kick in how long does it take I'm so happy normally

Please advice

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I would say there is a connection between having a water infection and feeling low. Whenever I have any infection, bacterial or viral, I always feel low. I've never heard of venlafaxine causing water infections. It does take a few weeks to start working on depression, so you need to try and hang on in the meantime. If you need to take antibiotics, these can also lower the mood, I find.
    • Posted

Thank you pixie 22 that does help a lot ! I'm realeved it shouldn't be my ventalixine because I really want it to work , I've been on everything going it seems !

Thanks again

• Posted

Takes quite a few weeks before the anti depressant will make you feel better.  Usually feel worse when first starting it.  Not sure the water infection is connected to the Venlafaxine.  But of course that would drag you down anyway. 

Give the medication a few more weeks.  You say you are happy normally, and yet you are on an anti depressant.  How come? 

Have you been diagnosed with depression?

• Posted

Hi Ann

I am very very sensative take everything to heart blow my top at the slightest thing cry a lot and just worried about everything. .I hide this and put on a front I tried coming off antidepressant and every time I do I realise that I don't cope well at all without them .

I have croans desease which I have to be so careful about ! Stress really upsets it

• Posted

I am so sorry you have an illness that is difficult to cope with at the best of times, I mean the Chrohns.  Best you stay on anti depressants if you cannot manage without them.  It will only make you feel worse if you stop.

Hopefully the new anti depressant you are taking will soon make you feel better. 

• Posted

Thank you Ann , yes I'm perserving but it's very hard sad
    • Posted

Bless you.  I know it is hard.  Has the infection cleared up yet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.