Venlafaxine and mirtazapine together

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello all can anyone give me some positive news about these two meds together ,,,.... i have just started 15 mg mirt along with ven 150 mr ive been on ven for 18 + years was on 225 mg now reduced to 75 and a 37.5 mr daily along with the mirt just started . i felt the ven on its own was'nt doing a great deal for me .. my pn suggested 15 mirt . i hope this helps . is any one on this mix like me thanks michael

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

im only on ven, but have done lots of reading on anti depressants. the ven and mirt combination are one of the most well recognised and successful combos. they each make the other work better. its not for everyone, so there will be detractors for it, just like any other anti depressant. in your circumstances, its the most likely to help you. i know 2 people who started on it, and after 4 weeks, its no picnic. youll have withdrawal symptoms from reducing ven, and start up issues with mirt. keep with it though, give it at least 12 weeks to see what effect it has. on paper, its your likely most successful option. all the best.

• Posted

I'm thinking of going bk on the mitrazapine just for the sleep. The venlafaxine 75mg 3 times a day is fine it's just I can't sleep. Tried loads n loads of herbal stuff n it's just not working. I try antihistamine but they give me muscle spasms which are just awful looks like a tick or something looking for help x

• Posted

I've been on 225mg venlafaxine with 30mg mirtazapine for several years and it's been very effective for me at keeping the depression and anxiety at bay. Like you i'd been on venlafaxine for a while but I was still having problems so my psychiatrist added mirtazapine and that did the trick.

• Posted

Hello there..thats great news thank you . I hope it works for me too . This is the first time that I have even been offered something else . Fingers crossed. Thank you best wishes Michael

• Posted

Do you experience dulled emotions or anything like that?

• Posted

well this is slightly embarrassing since presumably you are a male and i am female but the only slight problem i have is problems with orgasm during sex (sorry if that's too much information!) but it's not a big problem, i just notice a difference. Pixie.

• Posted

dulled emotions will come initially with most anti depressants. they ought to return after the anti depressant is working fully, which can take a long time. a full range of normal emotions should return. depressed or anxious people are generally too sensitive. if your emotions are still dulled after a few months, your anti depressant may not be working for you.

• Posted

Hi pixie . I'm now on 15 mg mirt and.mand.my Ben.hBen.has reduced from 150 to 110 . Still early days for me with added mirt .I feel hungry all the time . Raiding the fridge . Ha ha I'll be the size of a bus soon does this go after a while the hunger craving thank you mike

• Posted

Hi Michael. I have to be honest, i didn't experience the appetite increase with mirtazapine, although i know some people do. All i can suggest is that you try to keep full up healthy things like green salads and vegetables. Not as tasty as sugary and fatty foods, i know !

• Posted

i meant keep full up WITH healthy things!

• Posted

people say mirt is bad for weight gain, but think it applies to all anti depressants. it doesnt effect everyone. i have a huge appetite on ven. if you arent feeling so good, food is a quick feel good fix, and if you dont think much about yourself, you may not care about health or weight gain. comes down to discipline. theres no way im putting on weight, so switched to an ectremely healthy diet. i dont keep food at home at all, otherwise id eat it all. works for me. when at home i dont feel hungry. makes you look for alternatives to make you feel good. i do yoga sun salutations, morning and night. dont miss a day. quick, extremely good for you, and makes me feel good. have developed a strong association with it for feeling good. a bit like making a couple of healthy deposits to your well being each day.

• Posted

Thank you . I think the no food in the house is a good thing . Thank you for your reply its most welcome .. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.