Venlafaxine gives me bad headaces.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi .I have been on venlafaxine for 9 weeks now .My mood has improved. But the headaches are severe. Did anyone else have this side effect? I was previously on Setraline. But it stopped working. I would like to try another SSRI. As the side effects of things medication are severe.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm on Venlafaxine been taking it for nearly a year, it hasn;t worked for me at all, I often get headaches anyway  so don't think it's the Vemlafaxine I take 300 mg a day plus Mirtazapine and my mood hasn't lifted at all.

• Posted

Thanks Valerie. The doctor was going to put me on mitrazepine too .I said no because I know it makes you drowsy. When I say my mood has lifted .in still get good and bad days. Sorry to hear you have been on it a year .I heard it was a good antidepressant.
  • Posted

Yes I take the Mirtazapine at night, it helps me sleep. I.m now in therapy but sm not getting from it as much as I'd  hoped.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Valerie. I'm waiting for a date to start therapy. It's such a horrible illness. Takes over your life .I'm praying venlafaxine works .as I have been on that many medication. But I can only hope and prayer. Thinking of you xxxxx

• Posted

Hi did your headaches improve? I’m having daily tension headaches and I’m 9 weeks total. 5 weeks on 225mgs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.