venlafaxine please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello all i suffer from severe anxiety and dp/dr

i have been given venlaxafine to be taken

i did 3 weeks at 75mg and on wednesday i have been taking 150mg. how long should i give it time to work at 150mg before trying something else as i feel it is making me worse.

many thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

please please someone help me i am so desperate sad
  • Posted

It can take weeks, some people not that long it all depends on your body
    • Posted

hi mate thanks for the reply. is it weeks after the increase or weeks in total

as i have been on them for a total of 3 weeks and 4 days now. but only 4 days on the increase. 

• Posted

Sometimes when you first start a medication it can often make you feel worse before it starts to make you feel better. Just stick with it a bit longer & if it gets no better then see your doctor. I started on sertraline last week & I've still not felt good but just got to give things time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.