Venlafaxine to Mirtazipine ?!?!?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello has anyone changed from venlafaxine to mirtazipine ?? Does anyone have information or advice I start this week and I'm scared as hell 😢 thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I am on mirtazipine and I think they are they best tablets I have ever taken for anxiety all other tablets I feel just cause more anxiety

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply I've suffered massive anxiety for years which causes depression all the tablets make it off the scale there is hope for yet then 😁 how do you feel what dose are you on how long did it take to start working ?,sorry for the questions just want to be prepared thanks again 👍😁

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I was on mirtazapine for around 4 months and they were amazing , the first night i took my 15mg dose within 30 mins i was the most relaxed i had been in weeks althought the hungry cravings then started!!! Which in all fairness wasnt a bad thing as i hadnt been eating for weeks due to the severe anxiety. They did make me very foggy headed in the mornings for a few weeks but it did wear off , the severe hunger didnt. I then got put on venaflaxine and they were the worst 5 days in mu life my anxiety was 10 fold what it was and i nearly ended up being sectioned. So after the experiance im terrorfied to take any medication even mirtazapine which i knew i was ok on xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi thankyou so much for your reply so I should be hopefull for mirtazipine I also suffer severely with anxiety 😔 I have been on venlafaxine for about 2 years I was put on it cause I tried to do away with myself and like you the first few months it was hell on earth I don't trully know how I stuck it out I thought I'd completely cracked up and still I have had no benefit from taking it that why I'm changing I am terrified of taking any medication but I also can't live without it 😔 so very sorry to hear your awful experience would you not go back onto the mirtazipine ? I am worried about the weight thing but if this makes me feel even slightly better I'd rather be rather large lol 😉 best wishes to you x
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up