Very anxious

Posted , 5 users are following.

off for my first session of cbt today feeling very scared as it's the first time I have left the house on my own in months and have to drive in to town and then park up and walk to the place .. Upset tummy already really not what I needed today . Hope I cope ok :-( 

1 like, 23 replies

Report / Delete

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi domdomz, Although I can really appreciate what a massive challenge this is for you I suspect the rewards will be well worth it.Sometimes I find it hard just to go to the supermarket down the road so I greatly admire your courage and determination.I think the upset tummy is to be expected and anyone else in your situation would have the same.Each step you take ie, getting into the car, driving,parking etc is a massive achievement in its own right and you should be incredibly proud of each step that you achieve.I wish you the very best.Cheers from Rick
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Good Luck and well done so far ... Let us know how you get on x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Domdomz,

The main purpose of CBT is to change or modify the wrong way of thinking, which could have bad effects on physical as well as mental health. The psychologist will suggest you some exercises, which will help to control your emotions. It is great to know that you have taken an initiative by your own at the very first visit. It will really help you to come out from anxiety related troubles. Once your anxiety gets reduced, your stomach upset will get better. Be confident. Good luck.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up