very bad anxieity need some advice please please

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with anxieity my doctor says, I've been taking citapoloram for around 4 months now, I started to feel better but now all of a sudden I feel really down, I've been like this for the past 4 weeks now, low apetite, constantly tired, drained and vision is slightly blurry/slow, I just feel down every day I get up, I feel like this isn't going to go away this time, I'm on 20mg of citapoloram per day and that isn't helping me now, I have a girlfriend and everytime I'm ment to go see her I just don't want to go, I don't want to be around her when I'm like this, I feel scared I just either want to be alone and sleep or around my friends, I think I may need more help I don't know if this is a sign of depression or anxiety or I should maybe try different tablets, can someone talk to me if they have felt this way, thanks

Corey x

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

meds arent a long term permenant solution remember. they are generally best used while you look to resolve the reason for the anxiety - typically some form of therapy. best to ask your dr for a referal
  • Posted

meds arent a long term permenant solution remember. they are generally best used while you look to resolve the reason for the anxiety - typically some form of therapy. best to ask your dr for a referal
  • Posted

Hi corey, i'm on the same dose as you and find I still have ups and downs. Ive been taking them for about 6 months now. I'm wondering if I need to go back to the GP and ask if the dose should be increased. Perhaps you should do the same. You might have slight depression, thats what it souldl like to me. (but im no GP). chin up. take care. x
    • Posted

Yea I went out one weekend had a drink I hardly drink now and the whole week after I couldn't move from bed it was horrible, I hate being alone most the time would rather be around my friends but I feel constant tired in my eyes and pretty down its horrible, but yea ill go back to my GP and see about my dose ect thanks all for your reply I hope u et better also x
  • Posted

Hi Corey

I think you have to go back and see your doctor re your medication.

You could also consider therapy.

Anxiety sucks but everyone on this forum are in the same boat and here

to helpbiggrin

• Posted

Yea I'm gonna get back to see my doctor he's phoning me back today at 3:30 pm, I just want to be better its like I'm constantlywalking with fear of something, what sort of therapies? Thanks for your reply X
    • Posted

There is something called CBT which the nhs is offering at the moment,apparently its cheap and cheerful and what there are pushing at the moment,its the same as everything to do with mental health it works for some and dosent for others.

I think its a way of coping with anxiety it wont cure it.

Im on the waiting list for it.

Stay strong and speak to your doc

Hope you feel a bit better soon

Let me know how it goes

• Posted

hi, same with me.. Im dealing anxiety for 5 years now. Im taking atenolol for my palpitation bcuz everytime im having anxiety its leads to panic attack.. The 1st time i took atenolol all fine.. My palpitations gone, my anxiety went okay.. Not until after 1 month.. My anxiety went back but no palpitations. This is quite annoying for me. 
  • Posted

Hi. Yeo I have been where you are ? Think in my opinion it's the worst thing to stay in bed ! I don't say that lightly as I truely know how hard it is. I have had it for decades and learnt to cope although I still find it hard.Keeping busy. Don't shut your girlfriend out I have shut my partner out and it's not fair she will understand as you run a risk of becoming distant.Keep seeing your friend s don't feel a Burden or anything just keep busy and tell yourself this isn't going to kill me !You will learn to cope and it will lift but you have to work hard and at times doing the opposite to what you feel like doing. Your not on your own that's for sure the advice others have given you about seeing your gp is good. Meds are a temporary crutch not a fox.Wishing you well and pm me anytime x
    • Posted

Thanks alot gill this post really helped me , I wanted someone that had felt roughly the same way to reply, I'm only 22 and I really hate going through this, its when I feel like being in bed all the time that scares me, when I get up and around I feel as if its not right and feel down n slow vision ect, I need to get back to the gym but its very hard, I feel like I'm shutting my girlfriend off but I don't want to, infeel as if in only want to be around my friends and no one else it shouldn't be like that, I'm gonna keep telling myself ill be fine I just need to find a way to try and lift my low mood, I feel better when I'm out and around my mates, but when alone orat work or between 8-12 afternoon its bad also! Thanks alot for this ill message u when I need extra advice and reassurance, hope your well X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.