Very concerned about my liver, please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello,

i have been having abdominal pain for several months now. my doc has sent me for a CT, ultra sound, and an endoscopy... he saw that i have a small hiatal hernia and a fatty liver.

im a 26 year old male, never do drugs and drink maybe 2 beers a week.

im getting more worried about my liver now because ive been getting very itchy right over my right abdomen ... a rash only appears if I scratch at it then it goes away.

The Itching started about a week ago and today I started getting pain in my right side as well. Only thing different about my diet Is my doc put me on a PPI a little over a month ago but didn’t notice any symptoms when I started it.

Does anybody know what this could be? My dad is currently dying of cirrhosis and I definitely want to make sure I don’t go down that road. Please help me.

Tim

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi I would suggest you join some of the fb groups ..I think it would benefit you a whole lot.

• Posted

Some PPIs can cause itching. Maybe try coming off the PPis for a short time to see if the itching goes away. Avoid alcohol since you have a fatty liver.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.