Very confused!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had scope 5 years ago. Was told 2cm burning at bottom I'd oesophogus so would be on PPI forever. Took them daily and all ok. Then had a major flare up in Jan with ins as well as oesophogitis. Doc prescribed ezomeprazole and peptac. Started on this then eventually calmed slightly then flared up again. Was then told to start taking 2 a day. After about a week the burning was still there maybe even worse. Watching diet etc. Went back to doc, was told to cut back to one a day as well as anti sickness tablet which I took for short time. Bottom line was still burning. Yesterday I didn't take ezomeprazole and now no burning. Going to see GI doc next week. Any suggestions. Also just bought Manuka honey to try.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You mean you have Barrett's esophagus with a lenght of 2cm?  Well, if alternative meds help you than why not try even more: Apple cide vinegar, aloe vera, dgl licorice, manuka honey as you stated. Also if you get minor heartburn then try ranitidine which is h2 blocker.

• Posted

Barretts was never mentioned. Just told me it was burnt!
  • Posted

It could be that you have low acid not to much that would give you heartburn with low acid your good can not be digested properly I'm fire your GI will sort it out got you

• Posted

Yes I'm thinking too low acid rather than too much. If ppis make things worse then it must mean you have low acid? I would try things that aid your digestion. Digestive enzymes, acv etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.