Very depressed

Posted , 7 users are following.

These last two days I have been severely depressed to the point of crying at the drop of a hat. Everything seems so gloomy and I am feeling super sensitive. On top of it the menopausal sweats are getting to the point that I am taking a shower twice a day including washing my hair. I feel exhausted and want to just creep into a hole and cry. Any advice as how to fight the dark clouds?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie x have you tried the black cohosh stuff?
  • Posted

Hi jamie , I'm sorry your feeling so... Down , I myself have had a terrible few days 😔 I have had terrible heat , but no seeating much worst anxiety , I realized that I had not taken my maca pills , took 1 this morning and no heat to today ! Try it's a Peruvian root , stabalizes hormones , hot flashes in particular , but goggle it great for a ton of things , my hubby uses it in his smoothie the raw maca ,or you can by pills at health food store ,

Feel better sweetie and when you feel better take a nice walk , you will feel a lot better!

Take care terri

• Posted

Hi Jamie

Sorry you are feeling so down. I have the same feelings at times anxieties depression 

anger getting into arguments with my boyfriend at times crying a lot just really sensitive. Thats how i have been for about a month, then on Thursday i tried to put myself in the psych ward but they said no since i do not hurt myself or other and all i am suffering is depression and anxieties. 

Yes its hard to deal with all this and body changes 

Just hang in the, I hope you can find a therapist to talk to and maybe ask your doctor for an antidepressant that will help. 

I will pray for you just hang in there and stay strong 

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

Have you been to your GP about this? Sounds like you need some help with the Meno. A low dose HRT may be all that is needed to help.

• Posted

Please begin a regimen of Flax oil 1000 mg  2 or 3 times a day and magnesium 500-1000 mg daily in addition.   Flax will take you off the roller coaster emotional feeling as it balances your hormone levels.  Magnesium will help with moods also.   This did wonders for me.  If this doesn't help after a few weeks you may want to consider seeing a doctor.    Abilify works foe me for depression with no side effects.   Keeps the low sinking feelings away. 

Take care, hope this helps you....

• Posted

Thank you all very much for your caring and concerned responses. I have comsidered several options and knowing that HRT is not for me for various reasons I will try flaxseed for once as well as some vitamins as B and E. I also found that Black Cohosh as well as Dong Quai are supposed to help reduce menopause symptoms and are all herbal based and natural. I guess it is worth a try! At this point I will not seek the help of a therapist. I am not suicidal but just need some help reducing my menopausal symptoms. I also have heard that soy foods are supposed to help ease menopause. Who knows, we shall see and I will give you an update most definitely. Thank you again for all the input and caring comments. Blessings to all and hope you all have a good week.
    • Posted

Let us know how you get on, Jamie...but remembner these natural products take a good month to show some results. So have patience.

All the best. xx

• Posted

I get the same things you do even adverts can drive me to tears or sad stories on the TV. I was told by my doctor that evening primrose oil helps. Some of my friends take soya products, I've also opted out of hormones.I'm trying to be more active, to only watch programs I know wont upset me! I do graphic art, which helps and I talk about how gloomy I am, and maybe I shouldn't as it is with my boy friend. I've done some research on hot sweats and there are some natural herbs that help. I don't get them myself (yet) but Google does bring up various research that might help you. Or, of course chat to your doctor. I know talking to the doctor will normally mean chemicals but if you can visit a naturalist? Then maybe try that? I haven't found a good one as of yet. 

Diet helps. Eating lots of veggies, eating every three hours or four hours small healthy meals and trying to do things you love. Avoid toxic people. Avoid arguments! Start a journal writing down how you feel. Some days none of this works and I just crawl into a hole as you describe. 

I pull my curtain and lie in bed and surf YouTube!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.