very low moodistree

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ive just completed the first week on cit and ny depression has got really bad unable to switch off and relax leading to panic, also with distressing thoughts am i having a bad reaction to this drug or is this normal

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

God man!! This is the worse 4days in my life. I feel like I want to go nut! But I'll stick with it until the end of the month. Did you read my problem?? Is it even possible?  
    • Posted

Hi Peterbknyc no i didnt see it what problems have you been having
    • Posted

I've been on celexa 10mg. For the past five day and I'm going nuts!! My girlfriend broke up with me and I can't get it out of my mind. But this is the problem we have broke up before and I could not care less before. But now it's playing with my head but all the while I don't care. Sound wierd but I NEVER acted like this AZ long as I can remember. One side of me tells me the hell with her but the other side tells me to keep chasing her back but with I don't want to! Very wierd never happened before.
  • Posted

Hi

Citralopram takes a long time to work and for you to feel the benefits, and in the beginning you'll go through some nasty side effects which include anxiety, worsening depression, weird thoughts, sleep problems and many more.  Check your meds leaflet as it'll list all this.  It's very normal and most people go through this.  It gets worse before it gets better.

Don't expect to feel better quick either, as you need to give this plenty of time to get into your system - some people feel this around 6 weeks and some at 3-4 months.  You need lots of patience as you would give to a broken leg which would take months to heal too.

Once the side effects wear off you'll begin to experience many ups and downs, but this is normal too.  Just keep persevering throughout whatever is thrown at you, and you'll come out the other side.  Promise.  The benefits of this drug is so worth the struggle of the side effects.  I recovered on this drug when nothing else helped.

Have a read of lots of posts on this site about Citralopram, they're very helpful.

Best wishes xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.