very new and completly terrified!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

i have been given these pills last week and have not taken them as the side effects sound horrific :shock:

i really want to start taking them as im desperate to loose weight but im so scared of having an \"accident\"!!

has anyone had accidents? if do how bad??

thanks for reading :D

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Orlistat are not available to buy over the counter, I got mine from prescription. Some people buy them from the internet so you have to be careful as you never know what you could be buying.

Anyway, you only get the stomach cramps and toilet problems if you eat high fat foods. Do your research before you take your tablets.

I have been taking the tablets for over 6 months and have lost 2 stones. I have had a few stomach aches buit nothing really really bad.

• Posted

Hi Purple,

please don't be afraid of taking the tabs. OK, if you do eat a lot of fat the reaction is unpleasant ans embarransing but if you are good you will forget about them.

I had one bad reaction to take away curry (no details needed) so I have really cut down on the fats and apart from a bit of wind (sorry hubby!), the odd stomach ache and more frequent BMs it has been fine. Mind you, I didn't take them when i went on a long haul flight to China. Couldn't face spending so much time in the airline loo!

It will be worth it when you see the weight coming off. I am at the end of wk 3 and I reckon I am down by around 5kg so happy days!

LellyMxx

• Posted

thanks for replying

i have been given them by a doctor ( maybe i should have made that clear )

im still terrifed and not sure if i want to do this or just try harder the \"normal\" way.

will let everyone know what happens but im guessing that i havent done very well all the other times then this may be a last hope :?

• Posted

hi new as well been on bluies a month and lost a stone . no accidents yet just the thought of them giving me will power !!!!!! eat low fat diet and you should be fine . i have had a growling stomach and wind though !!!!! :oops: i can cope with that as long as i keep losing weight ( dont think other half agrees though ) :lol:
  • Posted

thanks for the reply

were any of you scared the first time you took one??

also does the portion size matter?? i think that is my downfall in loosing weight as i dont feel full with a little bit of food :? i dont eat meat or fish but do eat LOTS of cheese and milk...should i stay away from them things as well??

sorry for all the questions, my doctor told me nothing at all, just dont eat alot of fat which is obvious...lol

• Posted

Hi I have just started to take them, I was really good the first week with no problems, I had heard about the dreaded orange oil and for some silly reason thought the pills were not working. I decided this week to do something really stupid and have a sandwich of cheese and a slice of pork pie and oh my word did I pay for it . I could not chance going out just incase (If you know what I mean). Anyway I have been really good the last few days and have had no horrible side effects. I think you should try them as I feel better and it is makes you think about what you are eating. Good Luck dont be worried - be positive:P
  • Posted

Hi Everyone

I was nervous when i first took these tablets, i think alot has to do with the fact that the doctor gave me sod all advice!

i also felt a bit of a cheat to be taking them aswell but now i think they are the best thing invented, they police my thinking on food completely because i dont want any of the \"dreaded side effects\" so im more picky about what i eat, the only thing you must be aware of is the number of calories you intake as well, but i've made some great recipes up to keep me full, and i drink alot more water now as well.

Good luck to you all,

Carley

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.