Very scared from my overdraft issue and at the moment jobless?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys

I hope all is well.

I am a 26 year old recent graduate in msc civil engineering and recently after some time struggling with other health issues whoch have now been resolved, i have notices the debt i am in with an overdraft of £300.

my worries are stable but as i also smoke and trying to stop, i feel trapped and worried of what will happen!!

i have been applying for jobs and was working for the past year but struggling to find a permanent good position.

sometimes i just feel there is no resolution and dont know what to do?? please help

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

hi,

you, are thinking too much.

you are well today , you have a roof over your head ,and your overdraft is small.

practice Gratitude, you have a lot to be grateful for .

this anxiety will pass,

JL

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

adame

I have a solution for you that will help you.

Make an appointment with the citizen advice they are good at helping people, take ever thing with you.

Take all your income, show all your out goings not forgetting how much it cost you to live, shopping, house hold bills, cost of living weekly, travel to and from. If you list everything and tell them your health is suffering you will find that this problem will be sorted out for you, I know.

John

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi there

in a similar but much worse position. things will come right. just remember that like i am trying to do.

was it WINSTON CHURCHILL who said "....when you are going through hell, just keep going"?

i wish you well

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time coping with your current situation.

I too have an overdraught and a credit card bill and out of work. I used to get so down about my financial mess that I made myself really depressed which caused terrible anxiety with suicidal thoughts. But eventually I decided to reach out to my GP and was referred to a good psychologist, Jane. She helped me break down all my problems including financial debt. She advised me to speak to the local CAB. The CAB took away all the stress off my shoulders as they managed my debt on my behalf. They contacted the credit card company who froze my balance and did not add any further interest for 6 months. The CAB also helped me claim additional benefits while I was out of work. Having taken the financial worry away I can concentrate on my health issues which have improved a great deal.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi adame, have you heard of clockwise, they're a credit union which may give you a new bank account, consolidate your debts, sort your money out so you have enough to live on and help you with your money and unlike the high street banks they shouldn't charge you a fortune. They are really good, they dealt with my debt years back. They are a viable financial option and have been around for 26+ years. Good luck, it's only advice but it may help.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up