Very scared I may have herpes but symptoms don't exactly match up?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve been concerned about a possible herpes infection on my penis for about 3 weeks now, but the symptoms don’t quite match up and I don’t know if it’s likely my symptoms DO indicate herpes and I’m just misunderstanding the internet, I’m just freaking myself out, or perhaps the symptoms may point towards another cause or STD I hadn’t considered (such as HPV). 

Obviously you guy aren’t doctors (or even if you ARE, you don’t have access to me to do a physical examination) but any thoughts you had would be very much appreciated. Financially, it would be difficult for me to visit a dr right now. 

Symptoms started 3 weeks ago with a slight burning when I peed. It wasn’t bad but upon inspection I found 2 small red spots inside my urethra. I had had unprotected sex with someone I didn’t know about 25 days before and immediately freaked out. And my fears were only increased the next day when I noticed the formation of a pimple on the shaft of my penis. But then…nothing really happened for a while. The very slight urethritis comes and goes but is never bad and has pretty much gone away at this point. There was no pus that I could see. And the pimple never broke open into a sore or became painful (it’s still there just kinda hanging outit think it MIGHT have gotten slightly smaller but I honestly can’t tell). 

Then 10 days ago I noticed a few slight bumps clustered together on the “rim” at the base of the head of my penis (I’m circumcised). They’re tiny and hard to see as discreet pumps unless I stretch out the skin where it then looks like a cluster of 4 VERY small pale dots. I THINK they're blisters with heads but…they’re so small it’s hard to tell and they are mostly soft to the touch other than slight tiny bumps. And 10 days later later they’ve become more defined and might have grown slightly but they are not at all painful and have not burst the way I was given to understand a herpes blister would have after this amount of time. Touching them feels more or less exactly like running my finger along the rim at the head of my penis--sensitive certainly but not painful at all. Pushing down on them feels exactly the same as the rest of the area as well. 

I have had a few on and off headaches over the last few weeks but those could well be stress as I've been more or less fixated on the possibility that I may have herpes. It's almost all I can think about. I've been taking my temp and the highest it's gone is 99.1. I think I run a LITTLE low normally but even then that's not much of a fever if it is one at all. 

There are some other factors that COULD be relevant. For one, I have been on a diet since slightly before I noticed the first symptoms. Nothing majorjust literally eating less of all the same stuff, portion control. And just over a week ago (a day before I noticed the bumps around the head) I started a daily jog that’s certainly been making me sweat more (though I always take a shower directly after). And I am of south Asian decent with oilier skin, so folictitus is not out of the question (the pimple does seem to have a hair growing from it, but the bumps at the head do not). 

Like I said, I don’t expect any of you to be experts but if you could share your thoughts I would really appreciate it and it might help my anxiety a bit to have the thoughts of people more knowledgeable than I. 

Thanks in advance--Jon

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.