Very sick, don’t feel good at all New meds

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am on this site a lot I try to help other people and myself by reading their stories, but, the doctor changed my meds right before Christmas. I am living a nightmare right now.

Viibryd is the med

Started on 10 mgs now on 20 mgs

My entire body shakes and trembles.

My hands shake do bad.

Crying jags on and off but not as bad as usual but I want to cry

Can’t eat

Nervous stomach

Depression

No more mood swings though

I am a bi polar severe depressive with uncontrollable crying jags and severe mood swings I don’t sleep without meds I don’t eat withou meds. I was 200 pounds last year I am now 120

This medication is making me sick. 

What I am not sure of is:

Is it too soon?

I did research and it was stated that it could take anywhere from weeks to months to work.

Am I going back to the way I was before meds?

Should I wait and see if they kick in?

I am experiencing nightmares when I do sleep.

I know that I need to call the dr but everything is closed today due to New Year’s Day. I am in the u.s.

I think that I will just rest in bed today. I have been doing a lot lately and I feel overwhelmed.

Thank you

Much love 

Carmela

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carmela, if you feel really bad you should go back and see your GP. You may need help for the transition. Exact same thing happened to me when my meds were changed its horrendous, I was given promazine to help me relax, dont suffer side effects that are so bad you have to go to bed . At least if you see your doctor he can see how it is affecting you, hope things improve for you soon x
  • Posted

I agree go see your Dr. They may be the transitional side effects but you shouldn't have to suffer like this.

• Posted

I so get you. I started on new meds just before Xmas and they have made me so sleepy and feeling sick. Wasn’t the best time to,start them, but it was either that or go without all over the Xmas period. I wasn’t prepared to,do that. Unfortunately it has meant I can’t drive anywhere and so I have not seen as many people as I normally do. But I’m not going to beat myself up, they are just another day. I think I have expected the actual days to feel different, but of course they don’t. I, too have rested up today but did manage a small walk with the dogs which cheered them up. I hope you become well very soon carmela. I have found this site so helpful and made some good writing buddies. Everything is back to normal tomorrow...Drs, etc. Give yours a call and just check that all is going the way it should. It may be that you just need some reassurance from them. I hope so. All the best to you. Julia x 
  • Posted

Carmela what a deal and right here at the holidays. I think you have a good plan stay in bed where it's warm and cozy but call the doctor as soon as they open in the morning. 

Sorry that you are suffering at this extreme level. Really I am. 

Keep posting and we will do all we can to get you through this difficult time. 

Diane

• Posted

I see a psychiatrist monthly I am going to call him on Wednesday because he only works Monday and Thursday I need to go to the pharmacy today I am going to ask her too!
    • Posted

I took Vibryd for 3 days and to stop. It gave me all your symptoms and a few others. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Then what did you do? Did you go on another medication? I want to go back to Effexor. I already alerted my doctor I left a message with an urgent flag.

Thank you

• Posted

Yes Vibyrd made me feel very sick with high  anxiety. I had already tried several but Vibyrd was one of the worst. I think that was in April. I am now trying to adjust to Fluxotine an some success. It is very slow. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

When I went to research it it was stated on their site that it is an experimental drug. That scares me. It was approved by the fda but they don’t know enough about it yet and my God it cost over 200 
    • Posted

I still feel bad but not as bad I went back on my old meds and that is helping I’ll give it a few more days that medication has to leave my system so beware it is called Viibryd if you research it you will see that only a handful of people like it

One thing that I want everybody to know is:

If your doctor changes you meds get a paper script so that you are able to research it.  Don’t let them call it in unless you know what you are taking

Thank you for caring

• Posted

Hang in thereCarmela.

You help so many people on here with your kind words. I wish I could offer you advice but you are completely describing myself so I'll just wish you the best.

• Posted

Thank you so much I stopped taking it and went back on my old meds I feel so much better but I feel tired

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.