Very Sleepy

Posted , 1 user is following.

After my second night's sleep on 15mg Mirtazapine, I was very tired and sleepy. I had to take 2 days off work to try to sleep it off. After 3 days on 15mg, I upped the dose to 30 mg. Still very sleepy in the mornings. I had to get up at 5 am today to drive 3 hours to work. How long does the tiredness and sleepiness last? I don't seem to be getting any other side effects though and am feeling a lot beeter other than the sleepiness.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ive been on mirtazapine for about 7 months and i still do find i sleep alot, however other parts of my life have improved. When i 1st went on it i was fast asleep in an hour from taken it but now this varies. Cant think of any other side affects
  • Posted

Hello the sleepiness that you are experiencing should lessen on the higher doses of mirtazapine. I found that the sleepiness was worst in the first few weeks. It does get better. You are very fortunate not to have experienced any other side effects. They are well documented on this site. Post and I'll be happy to answer any other observations that you have about the drug. I hope you continue to feel better. Pooh bear.
  • Posted

Now i think about it the main other side affect is feeling hungry alot of the time. Its important to make sure you get good exercise and try not to go too mad on eating or drinking bad things. Fortunately i play alot of sport. Regarding the sleeping i agree with pooh bear that this does improve. I got into very bad sleeping habits when i was on citralpram as i had sleepless nights. For the 1st few weeks on mirtazapine it was hard and felt like a zombie but now i feel alot better and would encourage anyone else to just keep taking the medication and im sure you will get better.

Karry1

• Posted

I took my first dose last night 15mg I did manage some sleep for the first time in ages but I am still drowsy now and I havent managed to do anything, I am hoping this will go. Reading all the side effects here I am a bit scared of them :?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.