Very very dry down below

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello all you lovely ladies,

does any feel incredibly dry down below inside your vagina?

I am finding it incredibly uncomfortable to the extent I am not sleeping properly because of it and during the day am totally distracted and miserable because it's such an overwhelming feeling, ( and just want to cross my legs all the time - as if that helps!!!)

I got Vagifem vaginal tablets which have helped a tiny amount but no where near enough.

What have you lovely ladies been given to help this by your doctor?

I also feel very dry on the outside down below also.

Any advice or suggestions will be amazing.

I've got to get this sorted out - am going crazy trying to figure out something I can do to help myself and sort it out.

My doctor although an older woman isn't really much help at all.

Thank you SO much!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Why not use KY liquid or lube?

I think someone once mentioned organic sweet almond oil. I use it on my arms and legs, but would think its ok for other areas. It's light, no scent, and not very greasy.

• Posted

BTW, my gyn recommended using the estrogen before you become dry saying it's hard to reverse once you already are.

• Posted

HI izzie

I had awful problems down below

constant burning itching urinary tract infections

Even walking and wearing jeans hurt

I was prescribed HRT cream but never used it

I got VAGISAN after seeing an advert in the TV

I have to say its been amazing!!!

There is an applicator that allows you to insert inside and you can also use it outside

Now if i want to wear jeans i use it i also use it for intercourse with my husband because that became unbearable also

Worth every penny if you ask me

Hooe that helps x

• Posted

also to add KY jelly made it so much worse for me

I had an internal vaginal scan and that was used

Was in agony for days after x

• Posted

I will second the coconut oil idea, at least for sex, though I know your concern is more for daily comfort. Please let us know what you end up using and how it works for you. It sounds like dryness may be one of the worst symptoms one can experience, so hopefully there is a silver bullet out there for you (and us).

• Posted

How long have you been using the Vagifem? And how did your doc tell you to use it? It's not an over night fix.. it can take several months of consistent use to work, and even then it's not a cure, our whacked out hormones are the culprit unfortunately. I use Estrace Cream, (pretty much the same as vagifem but in cream form) going on about a year and a half now and pretty happy with it. I use coconut oil if needed between my dosing schedule, and if it's really bad I just add a night of my hormone cream. The cream can be a bit messy at times but I have the freedom to coat my outer bits with it (usually at bedtime) and it helps keep everything moist internally and externally. Also, do your kegel exercises, if the dryness is that bad, chances are the vag walls are getting weak too, you wanna keep them strong.

Good Luck! Hope this helped a bit!

• Posted

That helps a great deal Gigi368!

Only into my second month

Thought it was working not so sure now....

Prescribed the first 2 weeks every night

Then twice a week

But had to increase to every second night

Doesn't seem to be doing much now

Maybe a coincident I thought it was helping earlier on

Maybe my fault for forgetting to take for about 3-4 nights

Need something on the outside for sure now!

And think I've a urinary track infection to add insult to injury!

Will see about getting a cream

I can't eat coconut so not sure how it would work down there....

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.