Very worrisome headache and other symptoms..

Posted , 4 users are following.

So basically, I’ve been having headaches for about a month now. Usually I will get headaches every now and then and migraines do run in my family. However, are usually don’t have headaches that last more than two days. And these headaches are different than what I usually experience. I’ll usually wake up with the pain and I often have nausea in the morning and sometimes throughout the day.

I also get the head pain when I strain or bend over. No of course when I ask Google or the Internet what this means they tell me that it is a brain tumor and with my anxiety, I naturally get worried. these are the tell tale signs of a brain tumor so I went to the doctor. When I went to the doctor, they noticed that my blood pressure was very high. This was very unusual to me and them because of my age. I am only eight teen years old and high blood pressure does not run in my family so neither of us could tell why I was experiencing this. So to my concern, they did agree to perform a CT scan of my head. The results came back negative and me being a hypochondriac, I was very relieved that nothing was wrong but I feel like I am not out of the woods yet.

Yes a CT can rule out a brain tumor, but me having high blood pressure is one of the top risk factors for a potential brain aneurysm which can cause the same symptoms that I was experiencing. A normal CT scan cannot detect a brain aneurysm so that worries me now. I’m not sure what to do really because I cannot afford another scan to rule out an aneurysm but at the same time I can’t keep living with these headaches.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Headaches are DEFINITELY a symptom of high blood pressure. Are you taking meds to lower your BP? If so, they take about two weeks to help the headaches. Ask your doctor about the type of blood pressure medicine that will be best for you. Let us know what the doctor says. Good luck!

• Posted

if you had a brain aneurysm, after a month of headaches, it would have most likely give you a problem by now. work on getting your bp down by medication, stress management, meditation, slow deep breathing, low salt diet, etc see if the headaches lessen. have u had any other tests like bloodwork to rule out other causes of headaches?

• Posted

stress and anxiety can cause high blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause severe headaches. If you doctors don’t seem to be worried about anything I would monitor my blood pressure and if it continues to run high then I will go back to my doctor and tell them that my blood pressure is high maybe you may have to get put on blood pressure medicine even though you’re young

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.