Visable shaking

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do any of you experience visable shaking? I have seen on here about internal shaking, but I can actually see my shaking. Sometimes my head will shake and it is much worse when I get stressed. I was diagnosed with chronic Afib in April, but I have had the shaking on and off since 2009. I'm grasping at straws, just want to feel normal again. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Could it be hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)? Before I hit peri, I was always getting the shakes due to my levels dropping. My mom would hurry and give me some protein. Years later I still have it, but try to keep it under control. Since peri messes with our insulin, I'm guessing that might be it.

• Posted

All of my labs came back normal,, so I don't think that is it. Sometimes it's not as bad as others and it will come and go, but lately it's sticking around longer than I would like. Thanks for you reply.

• Edited

I don't know if this helps, but I notice my muscle twitching and jerking is worse when I am stressed about something. Usually my teenager! I'm not sure how anxiety effects our nervous system (adrenaline maybe)? Idk. I don't want to google anymore. Hugs for you. Hope you feel better

• Edited

Hi, I stopped my HRT, then re-started it when I realised my symptoms were worse. I got to the point where I couldn't use a knife without physically shaking that much that I had to stop what I was doing.The HRT is now kicking in , as well as the B6, Magnesium and Sunflower oil supplements. I'd settle for hot flushes regularly, rather than the shakes and anxiety I was feeling.. I hope you find your solution soon 😍

• Edited

I have the visible shaking in my hands and jaws and body when I hit rock bottom with my blood sugar which hormones causes to drop alot some months!  Next time that happens to you grab food carb and a protien . I grab OJ when mine is really bad and I need to get it up quick followed with a peanutbutter sandwhich ! If it goes away after shorting eating then you will know. 
  • Posted

Hi Cass, yes, I suffered from internal shakes that were not visible. It is a hormonal imbalance that are causing the shakes.  I sort of recall taking vitamin C that finally put them to rest. Maybe try that I don't think it would hurt.

• Edited

Hi Cass. shakiness can be a peri/meno symptom caused by fluctuating hormones, but just to check its not your sugar levels crashing too, get some of the mini tins of coke or lemonade (not the reduced sugar ones). next time you get an "episode" drink one of the mini cans & see if you feel better. if it's you sugar levels crashing you will notice quite quickly after drinking on you feel normal again. my husband used to get shaky panicky dizzy spells & when he took one of thes mini cans he would be better within 5mins. although he was tested for diabetes, he was negative, the doc put it down to panic attacks which can also "shock" sugar levels which makes sense. its worth a try. x

• Posted

yes.i used to dread going to bed at night.my brain would shake when i would lie down.it was very scary but after googling,. found out it fairly common.what helps is if you dont pay it too much attention....it goes away....much like anxiety.

• Posted

yes.i used to dread going to bed at night.my brain would shake when i would lie down.it was very scary but after googling,. found out it fairly common.what helps is if you dont pay it too much attention....it goes away....much like anxiety.

• Posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.